I Like Mike! He's still in it to Win it!

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Ratings
Are you buying this? I'm not so sure I am.
Mike Huckabee responds to Romney news

by Jason George
NEW YORK – Former Gov. Mike Huckabee wasted no time Thursday, telling potential Romney voters that he's the man to take up their conservative, outsider cause.

"I know that a lot of the establishment Washington-type folks are going to be going with Senator McCain. I understand that. But people of this country need a choice and right now I'm going to be their choice."

Huckabee scoffed at suggestions that a McCain nomination is inevitable – despite Huckabee having about a fourth as many delegates as the Arizona senator.

Ratings
conan made colbert.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4CFz82nUjE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4CFz82nUjE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
Jon Stewart made Conan who made Colbert who made Huckabee. Ergo, Stewart made Huckabee.<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iOmj0htNcM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iOmj0htNcM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
Ratings
I'm voting for McCain but I feel thay Huckabee is the most misunderstood candidate that just has a lot of people hating on him to fit in with the rest of the crowd that's hating on him.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
I'm voting for McCain but I feel thay Huckabee is the most misunderstood candidate that just has a lot of people hating on him to fit in with the rest of the crowd that's hating on him.
Oh I couldn't disagree more. When a man talks about amending the Constitution to conform to God's law he has earned all the hating on he gets. That statement turned Ann Culter off. Ann Culter, the Ann Culter, called that statement off the wall. The woman that said we should invade all Muslim nations and convert them to Christianity thinks Huckabee is too much of a Christian zealot.

That's like Michael Jackson calling you weird.

OP
OP
Pure Energy

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Ratings
Oh I couldn't disagree more. When a man talks about amending the Constitution to conform to God's law he has earned all the hating on he gets. That statement turned Ann Culter off. Ann Culter, the Ann Culter, called that statement off the wall. The woman that said we should invade all Muslim nations and convert them to Christianity thinks Huckabee is too much of a Christian zealot.

That's like Michael Jackson calling you weird.
Coulter also indicated she'd vote for Hillary before McCain. Limbaugh called McCain "the devil himself" Limbaugh is now indicating McCain should put Huckabee on the ticket as VP.

Regardless of what shakes out, the Republican pundits and talkingheads will rally around the Republican nominee and the trivialities around personal beliefs will be put behind them and the focus will switch to platform issues and/or perhaps support based on evaluating the lesser of two evils.

Ratings
If you loathe Hillary as much as I do and you don't want Obama as president (I don't agree with him on many things, but he's not irritating like she is), you better get on the McCain train.

Huckabee simply cannot win at the national level. He's wasting time and money and potentially damaging McCain's opportunity to win in November. McCain needs to be confronting Obama/Clinton and their policies. The longer he stays in this thing, the more he hurts the nominee. I hope he doesn't have designs on running as an indepenent because there are enough people who don't understand how splitting the vote in the general election is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Contrary to Limbaugh and Coulter's BS/smoke machine (which, why people base their opinions solely on what two talking heads with dubious credibility say is beyond my comprehension -- remember the Striesand phone calls?), if you are to the right, you'd better accept the middle/leaning right or you'll get stuck with the far left.

1% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.