I Like Mike! He's still in it to Win it! (1 Viewer)

If you loathe Hillary as much as I do and you don't want Obama as president (I don't agree with him on many things, but he's not irritating like she is), you better get on the McCain train.

Huckabee simply cannot win at the national level. He's wasting time and money and potentially damaging McCain's opportunity to win in November. McCain needs to be confronting Obama/Clinton and their policies. The longer he stays in this thing, the more he hurts the nominee. I hope he doesn't have designs on running as an indepenent because there are enough people who don't understand how splitting the vote in the general election is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Contrary to Limbaugh and Coulter's BS/smoke machine (which, why people base their opinions solely on what two talking heads with dubious credibility say is beyond my comprehension -- remember the Striesand phone calls?), if you are to the right, you'd better accept the middle/leaning right or you'll get stuck with the far left.

1% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Huckabee simply cannot win at the national level. He's wasting time and money and potentially damaging McCain's opportunity to win in November. McCain needs to be confronting Obama/Clinton and their policies. The longer he stays in this thing, the more he hurts the nominee. I hope he doesn't have designs on running as an indepenent because there are enough people who don't understand how splitting the vote in the general election is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't think Huckabee is damaging McCain in the least at this point. For starters, unlike Ron Paul who is clearly hording for an independent run, Huckabee is nearly flat broke and not in a position to do much of anything, period. What Huckabee IS doing is providing McCain an opportunity to address the party base, to make nice, call a truce, and get them on board. Huckabee represents a nice sounding board for McCain to work off of as he tries to energize the far right for the sort of turnout that is, without doubt, going to be desperately needed to win the election.

The real race, at this point and in my opinion, is between Huckabee and Romney for the VP slot.

McCain!

He is the obvious choice

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGTJDAAHCnQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGTJDAAHCnQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Plus he was endorsed by Bush so he can carry on his 3rd term goals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom