I like this Mock. (1 Viewer)

subzer0

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Team Needs:
OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, OT
Round One Pick 15: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Louisiana State University
The Saints announced earlier in the offseason that they are moving to a 3-4 defense, and with the hiring of Rob Ryan, that all but ensures that they will be in 2013. The Saints have pretty much no pass rush as guys like Will Smith and Cameron Jordan didn’t produce much in 2012, and neither is a fit at Outside Linebacker anyways. Barkevious Mingo would be a perfect fit in Ryan’s defense to be that edge rusher whose main priority is to just fly off the ball and get after the quarterback. Mingo didn’t produce as many sacks in 2012, but if you wacth the tape, you see that he wasn’t asked to get after the quarterback as much as he was in 2011. Mingo has all kinds of potential, and could be a major steal at 15.
Round Three Pick 75: David Amerson, CB/FS, North Carolina State
Prior to the 2012 college football season, David Amerson was herald as one of the best, if not the best Cornerbacks in this year’s draft. Some poor performance and injury concerns have dropped him into mid-2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd</sup> round consideration, but he still has the potential to be a quality player, and would fit nicely at Free Safety for the Saints.
Round Four Pick 109: Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State University
Had Brandon Jenkins come out in the 2012 NFL Draft, he likely would have been a 1<sup>st</sup> or 2<sup>nd</sup> round selection, but due to a bad Lisfranc injury that took him out of all of the 2013 season, he falls in this year’s draft. Jenkins flashed a lot of really good potential in his 2011 tape, and looked like a perfect fit at 3-4 OLB. Paired with Mingo, the Saints could have a deadly duo at OLB, much like the Steelers had with Harrison and Woodley.
Round Five Pick 144: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, University of Connecticut
Wilson is one of my sleepers at the Cornerback position in this year’s draft, as he didn’t play a lot of great competition, but still had some quality tape. He will need a year or two to adjust to the speed and intensity of the NFL game, but if he gets coached up and gains some strength in an NFL strength and conditioning program, he has the potential to be a starting corner.
Round Six Pick 183: Kevin Reddick, ILB, University of North Carolina
Kevin Reddick was regarded by many as a mid 2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd</sup> round pick coming into this year’s college footbacll season, but due to some poor play, he has fallen down amny draft boards. Reddick would be a nice rotational guy for the Saints for his first few years as he adjusts to the NFL game, but could become a starter if he gets proper coaching and works hard enough.

Kevin Reddick was regarded by many as a mid 2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd</sup> round pick coming into this year&#8217;s college footbacll season, but due to some poor play, he has fallen down amny draft boards. Reddick would be a nice rotational guy for the Saints for his first few years as he adjusts to the NFL game, but could become a starter if he gets proper coaching and works hard enough.

That would be true a statement for 75% of all players coming into the draft.

I am 87% sure of that fact.

Kevin Reddick was regarded by many as a mid 2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd</sup> round pick coming into this year’s college footbacll season, but due to some poor play, he has fallen down amny draft boards.

Which begs the question: Is the good play from 2 seasons ago the norm, is is the bad play from last fall the norm? I'd rather go with someone who is more consistent.

i like that draft but id rather have a guy like chris faulk in the third or fourth to add another big body OT. otherwise id be really happy with this draft

Which begs the question: Is the good play from 2 seasons ago the norm, is is the bad play from last fall the norm? I'd rather go with someone who is more consistent.

Actually Reddick struggled early but turned it around and everything I've seen has him as a late 2nd early 3rd round prospect.

Love the first round pick. Hope Mingo is there at 15.

Team Needs:
OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, OT
Round One Pick 15: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Louisiana State University
The Saints announced earlier in the offseason that they are moving to a 3-4 defense, and with the hiring of Rob Ryan, that all but ensures that they will be in 2013. The Saints have pretty much no pass rush as guys like Will Smith and Cameron Jordan didn’t produce much in 2012, and neither is a fit at Outside Linebacker anyways. Barkevious Mingo would be a perfect fit in Ryan’s defense to be that edge rusher whose main priority is to just fly off the ball and get after the quarterback. Mingo didn’t produce as many sacks in 2012, but if you wacth the tape, you see that he wasn’t asked to get after the quarterback as much as he was in 2011. Mingo has all kinds of potential, and could be a major steal at 15.
Round Three Pick 75: David Amerson, CB/FS, North Carolina State
Prior to the 2012 college football season, David Amerson was herald as one of the best, if not the best Cornerbacks in this year’s draft. Some poor performance and injury concerns have dropped him into mid-2<SUP>nd</SUP> to 3<SUP>rd</SUP> round consideration, but he still has the potential to be a quality player, and would fit nicely at Free Safety for the Saints.
Round Four Pick 109: Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State University
Had Brandon Jenkins come out in the 2012 NFL Draft, he likely would have been a 1<SUP>st</SUP> or 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round selection, but due to a bad Lisfranc injury that took him out of all of the 2013 season, he falls in this year’s draft. Jenkins flashed a lot of really good potential in his 2011 tape, and looked like a perfect fit at 3-4 OLB. Paired with Mingo, the Saints could have a deadly duo at OLB, much like the Steelers had with Harrison and Woodley.
Round Five Pick 144: Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, University of Connecticut
Wilson is one of my sleepers at the Cornerback position in this year’s draft, as he didn’t play a lot of great competition, but still had some quality tape. He will need a year or two to adjust to the speed and intensity of the NFL game, but if he gets coached up and gains some strength in an NFL strength and conditioning program, he has the potential to be a starting corner.
Round Six Pick 183: Kevin Reddick, ILB, University of North Carolina
Kevin Reddick was regarded by many as a mid 2<SUP>nd</SUP> to 3<SUP>rd</SUP> round pick coming into this year’s college footbacll season, but due to some poor play, he has fallen down amny draft boards. Reddick would be a nice rotational guy for the Saints for his first few years as he adjusts to the NFL game, but could become a starter if he gets proper coaching and works hard enough.

Blidi Wreh Wilson will probably be gone b4 the 5th round

As high as i was on Brandon Jenkins i watched his combine workout and he did not look like he could make a smooth transition to LB. Very very stiff...could have been because of the lisfrinc surgery but he did not seem very fluid @ all.

Id take David Amerson but i think we could get Sanders Cummings a bit later in the draft.

I don't agree with 2 outside LB's and 2 Corners as we still have needs on the defensive and offensive line that i didn't see addressed @ all. No DE no OT nothing and I'll bet 30 oreo cookies we draft 1 of each unless we sign someone b4 the draft.

If Reddick has the potential to play WILB then thats a good pick...or maybe he can play both...but our primary need is a WILB.

Look@ all the guys we've talked to @ the draft. Kiko Alonso,Zaviar Gooden,Alec Ogletree, and keeping Vilma. Obviously WILB is a position that they feel as though is pretty important in this defense. Im not so sure theyd wait so late to address it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom