I love PT, but I still miss Deuce... (1 Viewer)

Man I really think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. I love Deuce as much as the next guy, but I don't know any RBs that bounced back to have productive seasons after ACL tears on both knees within 3 years of each other.

The responsible thing to do would be to continue to evaluate the running back situation, and plan for the future. I don't know if he'll be asked to renegotiate his contract or not, but I don't think he can be counted on as a #1 back anymore. I think we should seriously look at a running back in the 2nd or 3rd round this year, given all of the running backs coming out this year. If Deuce is able to come back and be close to what he was before, then that's icing on the cake. But I think the team needs to plan for the future.

I'm also not sold on PT. I want to see him earn in training camp.

I'm also not sold on PT. I want to see him earn in training camp.

He earned it last training camp, over a gentleman from whom we traded up to draft. When given the chance this season, he played well. Unfortunately, we were trying to force the ball/role to thenexteverybodygoodever, and it stunted our season.

He earned it last training camp, over a gentleman from whom we traded up to draft. When given the chance this season, he played well. Unfortunately, we were trying to force the ball/role to thenexteverybodygoodever, and it stunted our season.

ughh... run the ball for 7 on 1st down then its a short pass on 2nd and 3 for no gain and ughhhh

my philosophy is that innovation is great but don't avoid conventional wisdom for the sake of being unconventional or worse to be the best offensive mind in the league.

if the running game is working don't stop it until the defense stops it

ughh... run the ball for 7 on 1st down then its a short pass on 2nd and 3 for no gain and ughhhh

my philosophy is that innovation is great but don't avoid conventional wisdom for the sake of being unconventional or worse to be the best offensive mind in the league.

if the running game is working don't stop it until the defense stops it

Agreed, if we run the ball on first down and get more than 4yrds, then run it again and again set them up with a playaction, I understand that we are a pass first offense, but we should be patient enough in the run game because running the ball sets up the play action for a quick strike.

thats an aspect that was lost when Payton got here, I love his offense and woudldnt change a thing (cause it works) but patience in the run game is a must.

Loving PT is like telling a first date you want to marry her.

Kinda. PT hasn't proven much yet. We've had lots of undrafted players to come through here and show us glimpses of excellence, but most of them haven't panned out. I've just seen this act way too many times to be fooled this easily. PT has to prove it again for me to believe that he can be the starter. It's a lot easier easier to come into games and carry the ball 3 or 4 times, and have one full game at the end of the season. We don't know if he can do it over the course of a 16 game season. I think it would behoove us to pick up another back in the draft. We aren't as loaded there as people think.

Loving PT is like telling a first date you want to marry her.

not to me... I think he's the next Hilliard.

no other back has EVER rushed for 100 yards and caught 100 yards in receptions in the same game. NEVER before .... until Pierre that is.

not to me... I think he's the next Hilliard.

no other back has EVER rushed for 100 yards and caught 100 yards in receptions in the same game. NEVER before .... until Pierre that is.

Not to be a party pooper but, in 2000, no other quarterback in NFL had passed for 400 yards in one game and rushed for 100 in another game in that same season.......until our very own Aaron Brooks did it.

My only point is that i'm reserving judgement on him just a little longer. So far so good though.

Not to be a party pooper but, in 2000, no other quarterback in NFL had passed for 400 yards in one game and rushed for 100 in another game in that same season.......until our very own Aaron Brooks did it.

My only point is that i'm reserving judgement on him just a little longer. So far so good though.

LOL, talk about a way to make your point......

That's not really a big deal, though =/

Everybody talks about #25's potential, but it's fair game to ignore #23's actual production/efficiency?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom