I love PT, but I still miss Deuce... (2 Viewers)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Wouldn't trade PT for anything; glad to have him. :9:

But imagine if our beloved #26 is able to rehab and make a bid for "NFL Comeback Player of the Year?" :scratch:

Man, I miss Deuce. Uploaded Diat150's video to YouTube (...gave credit to Diat). Old footage, but still "vintage Deuce." :cool:

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mF5WvK87vEM

BTW, pay close attention to one of Deuce's runs at about the 4:30 mark (where Ernie Conwell was "blocking" ahead). If you notice, Conwell is so busy turning back to talk to Deuce (probably saying: "Yeah, man ...we're takin it to the house" or something else) ...that he allows defenders to get too close, thus spoiling a TD. By the time Conwell noticed the defenders, it was too late. :covri:

Anyway, I want Deuce to come back 100% for the '08 season. :17:

:gosaints:

Last edited:
So do I. I hope he can run for the 21,312 yards I eventually posted with him on my Madden franchise (and 5,885 receiving yards, with 252 total TDs, three palindromes what what)

Teams have to know when it is time to part ways with a player. Because Deuce is such a team player and fan favorite, the best thing for the Saints to do might be to treat the situation much like the Chiefs did with Priest Holmes and let Deuce be the person to walk away. However, sadly, I think we are nearing the time for that to occur, which severely ties the team's hands.

Teams have to know when it is time to part ways with a player. Because Deuce is such a team player and fan favorite, the best thing for the Saints to do might be to treat the situation much like the Chiefs did with Priest Holmes and let Deuce be the person to walk away. However, sadly, I think we are nearing the time for that to occur, which severely ties the team's hands.

I hope for the best for Duece, I'd like for him to comeback and do the things he's done before, but both knees being torn, in a 2 year span is tough, there is a difference from being ready to play and being able to play, there is no question he is gonna lose something because of this and there is aslo the chance that he has no further problem in his knees or him still having "post" surgery issue's (knees flaring, swelling) its not like he is gonna comeback and have no more knee problems from here on out, u hope for the best, but a lot of players careers have ended prematurely ( Terrell Davis) so you hope for the best, but why should Duece be the exception (Real Talk)

This is from Rick Cleveland's blog from the ClarionLedger.com.
Deuce is up and running (jogging):

Catching up with Deuce...
Posted 1/15/2008 5:14 PM CST on clarionledger.com
Caught up with Deuce McAllister today, via phone. He says his rehab from knee surgery is coming along nicely.
"I've started jogging and it feels good," McAllister said. "It's come a long way but I have a long way to go."
No, Deuce said, there's not a doubt in his mind that he'll play in 2008.
Yes, he said, he watched all the games this past weekend.
"Indianapolis losing at home was the biggest surprise to me," Deuce said. "Looked like to me the teams that ran the ball better won the games."
Me, too.
"I was really proud for Eli," Deuce said of his former Ole Miss teammate Eli Manning. "He didn't make any mistakes, made big throws when he had to and gave his team a chance to win the game."

i wish he didnt put on so much weight, i used to love watching him break those long runs. seems to me the added weight only hurt him. hope he come back lighter and more effective. good luck with rehab duece.

gotta love Deuce, I think he'll have a couple of more very productive years especially now that we have guys to put in to legitimately spell him. He can get 15 carries and the bulk at the goal line and really do some stuff for us.

i wish he didnt put on so much weight, i used to love watching him break those long runs. seems to me the added weight only hurt him. hope he come back lighter and more effective. good luck with rehab duece.

:plus-un2:

After putting up 1600+ rushing yards it was foolish to change anything in our offensive system. Improve the defense a little, bam. Greatness. Now we've been misdirected a bit and it'll probably cost us another fan favorite....

successful teams find RB's that can do what Deuce did when he was 23, 24, 25 years of age.

I'd love to see deuce capture some of that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom