I made a fool of myself (1 Viewer)

SaintBrad

Very Banned
Reaction score
Back story: Broke up with fiancee 4 months before the wedding because she refused to marry me unless I gave up my dogs (not happening). I got stuck with some bills i couldn't pay and got a part time job (yes I already have a primary job).

Next door to this job was a coffee shop, met a women who worked there. Over the next few months we talked some, she gave me coffee and she almost asked me out. But I couldn't do anything, I was still a bit resentful from my break up and it wouldn't have been fair to this women.

So, her shop closed down and I never got a chance to find a way to continue talking to her before hand. 2 weeks later I quit that part time job.

Here I am, nearly exactly a year since I last spoke with her. I get off work today, decide I need some coffee, go to a coffee shop. Guess who's working there? yup.

so i talk with her while she's working for about 10 minutes. She was busy so i went and sat down. i wrote down my number and put it in my pocket. I walked out and realized she was also walking out on break. So i walk over to her, ask her to give me a call sometime, reach into my pocket, feel a paper, so I pull it out and hand it to her. I say bye and walk off.

I get home, start emptying my pockets. Low and behold I pull out a piece of paper with my number on it. LOL, I guess I accidentally gave her the receipt from the coffee place.

Bad news. I was on the phone with my sister when I realized I gave her the wrong piece of paper. So my sisters busting up laughing, hangs up the phone. For the next 15 minutes my phone is ringing off the hook of family and friends all joining in on the laughter.

embarassing.

I'm shy when it comes to hitting on women. I'm one of those guys who asked girls out and was told no in very rude/inappropriate ways doing so in my earlier years.

I'm at a loss of what to do now. I'm both embarassed, angry and laughing my arse off at the same time.

Honesty. Just go back, tell the woman what happened and give her your number. She'll think it was sweet you got flustered, she'll be impressed that you came back after making a fool of yourself, and she'll know you're serious.

It'll be a good story to have a laugh about.

Thanks for the laugh, bro. Just be you, either they will like ya or they won't. Like Saint Sarah said, go back and explain what happen. It's not a big deal. She'll eat that up, think it's cute. Don't sweat it.

First, bravo with breaking up with your fiancee. *****. Second, just go back, it'll make a funny story you can tell to your dogs when you break up with her because she didn't want you playing video games all day.

I'm at a loss of what to do now. I'm both embarassed, angry and laughing my arse off at the same time.

It's pretty simple, don't make yourself a bigger fool by not finding her again and giving her your number.

That isn't embarassing, that's just a mistake. Embarassing is taking a dump in a date's mom's toilet. Embarassing is barfing in front of her. Emabarassing is trying to break the awkwardness of asking her out by cutting a fart. This is amateur stuff right here. Post again when she catches you wailing away on yourself in her roommates bathroom. :jpshakehead:

Wait a week go back and tell her you were waiting for her to find you, but you just couldn't take the chance of waiting any longer and missing out on something special women eat that sappy stuff up. she will think she is in her very own chick flick.

Ask her a week later why she hasn't called you and when she says you gave her a receipt with no number on it, tell her that's a lame excuse for not calling you and give her your number again.

Oh, wait, that's terrible advice...do what Sarah said. :) You're making a bigger deal out of it than she did...she'll realize it was a simple mistake when you go back and explain.

Tell her you are a spy, and you put your number into a code on the receipt, and you were trying to see if she was smart enough to figure it out. Then call her dumb. Chicks love it when you are a little mean to them.

this is way better than it could have been with just a call
"so my sister says,..." and explain it all
then say, "can i have your number so i won't screw it up this time?"

If you go back to the coffee shop and tell her you ask dating advice on a football message board, she'll get a restraining order. :hihi:
So just go back and tell her what happened and make a joke about it.

A complete non-issue. Just go back like normal and after a few minutes conversation explain you found your number in your pocket when you got home. I don't think you need to get into the story of your sister and family laughing at ya. I don't really see how it's really that funny. Honest mistake really.

Now CPG's past transgressions.....that's embarrassing and funny as hell to boot.

When you go back and tell her...,if she doesn't laugh it off, she's not someone you ever wanted to get acquainted with anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom