I may have decided who to vote for.... (1 Viewer)

It needs to be available for kids til they are 19 or out of the house though.
AP

$14,000 here also and this would be great for me.

Doubt it will be put in place.

$14000, actually.....
:hihi:

Nope it's only going up to $7000 we already get $3500 so its:

$3500 X 2 kids = $7000

So your only selling your vote for $7000. I think you should hold your vote out of the election until they cave to your demands for more money!

"We know from experience that no serious reform of the current tax code will come out of Congress, so now it is time to turn the decision over to the people,"

I like that statement. It's good to see a politician concede to the fact that he is surrounded by stubborn, incompetent individuals who only care about preserving the status quo.

I'm not big into politics so this may be a silly question, but...

I can't fathom how a government that is supposed to be "run by the people for the people" has an election process to elect people into office, but then doesn't get to vote on the wages, benefits, etc that the politicians give themselves.

Why don't they have to put all wages, benefits, retirement, etc onto a ballot for us to vote on since it's our money that will pay for that anyway?

Nope it's only going up to $7000 we already get $3500 so its:

$3500 X 2 kids = $7000

So your only selling your vote for $7000. I think you should hold your vote out of the election until they cave to your demands for more money!

Its not even that - its whatever actual (not marginal) tax rate you would pay on the $7000. Assuming 15%, its $1,050. But, you would assume you would get it for the full time you claim the children as dependents. If they are both under 5, we can assume 13 more years - obviously making it somewhere over $13,000 - roughly speaking.

Its not even that - its whatever actual (not marginal) tax rate you would pay on the $7000. Assuming 15%, its $1,050. But, you would assume you would get it for the full time you claim the children as dependents. If they are both under 5, we can assume 13 more years - obviously making it somewhere over $13,000 - roughly speaking.

I understand all that I just didn't want to go into all of the math just for a little joke at crosswatts expense :hihi:

I understand all that I just didn't want to go into all of the math just for a little joke at crosswatts expense :hihi:

You gotta understand - I, and others, take this internet thing real seriously. So no joking.

you made my head hurt :angryrazz:

I am for getting my taxes cut as well. And personally among the candidates I think I like McCain the most.

But did he say how he was going to cut taxes and still pay for the war in Iraq he evidently supports? Doesnt the war cost us like billions and billions of dollars(12 billion a month for those who care)? Isnt our deficit rising?

I think everytime anyone proposes a tax cut they need to show us exactly where the corresponding cut in spending will be. Similarly I think any candidate that goes on and on about some great service the government is going to give us needs to show us how they will fund it.

Saying I will cut your taxes is easy. The hard part is doing it without sinking the country into more debt. I assume it means he will reduce spending so he needs to reduce spending at least as much as the tax cut proposed.

While I like McCain the most, his support for this crazy expensive war(money and lives) makes it difficult for me to vote for him. Even if there is some arguable benefit to the war is that benefit outweighed by what we could do in America for our own homeless, poor and sick with 12 billion a month?

I'm not big into politics so this may be a silly question, but...

I can't fathom how a government that is supposed to be "run by the people for the people" has an election process to elect people into office, but then doesn't get to vote on the wages, benefits, etc that the politicians give themselves.

Why don't they have to put all wages, benefits, retirement, etc onto a ballot for us to vote on since it's our money that will pay for that anyway?

+10

just thinking about that makes me furious. And, don't even get me started on the slimeball politicians who get caught in scandals and are 'forced' to retire prematurely but still get their retirement pay. At our expense of course.

LS

I am for getting my taxes cut as well. And personally among the candidates I think I like McCain the most.

But did he say how he was going to cut taxes and still pay for the war in Iraq he evidently supports? Doesnt the war cost us like billions and billions of dollars(12 billion a month for those who care)? Isnt our deficit rising?

I think everytime anyone proposes a tax cut they need to show us exactly where the corresponding cut in spending will be. Similarly I think any candidate that goes on and on about some great service the government is going to give us needs to show us how they will fund it.

Saying I will cut your taxes is easy. The hard part is doing it without sinking the country into more debt. I assume it means he will reduce spending so he needs to reduce spending at least as much as the tax cut proposed.

While I like McCain the most, his support for this crazy expensive war(money and lives) makes it difficult for me to vote for him. Even if there is some arguable benefit to the war is that benefit outweighed by what we could do in America for our own homeless, poor and sick with 12 billion a month?

I think maybe you should look at the budget and just how much 'the war' is costing compared to the really expensive stuff.

Entitlement programs are what are raping us and you are asking for more. You want to cut big numbers, end entitlements.

The deficit doesn't vote, the homeless, poor and sick probably don't vote in large numbers either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom