I may never be able to eat Outback Aussie cheese fries again. (1 Viewer)

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Worst Food in America
Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing
2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

It's the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

The 20 Worst Foods in America on Yahoo! Health

I have ate one of these by myself before as a meal. :covri:

holy crap, especially considering the average diet is supposed to consume 30-45 grams of fat per day, that is sick...a weeks worth of food in an appetizer...

Don't you mean The Best Food in America. :hihi:

Damn, 182 grams of fat and 2900 calories in one dish?
I have a confession to make. I've eaten Outback once in my life... the one in Baton Rouge, and I hurled all over their bathroom. I had a steak :covri: , and I'm not saying it made me sick, but I was fine before I digested it. I haven't been to an Outback since.

Anyway, I wonder how many calories and fat grams people consume at buffets? :idunno:

I have never eaten that dish from Outback. We usually go to Outback twice a year and we always get the Bloomin Onion to start. There's no way it's good for you either, but at a frequency rate of twice a year, I think I can handle it.

Of the low end steak chains, I like the Big Cajun Ribeye from Lone Star.

I have never eaten that dish from Outback. We usually go to Outback twice a year and we always get the Bloomin Onion to start. There's no way it's good for you either, but at a frequency rate of twice a year, I think I can handle it.

You're in luck. It's not as bad as the fries, but it is #2 on the list. :covri: It's like eating 67 slices of bacon!!!!!!!!! Holy crap!

2,710 calories
203 g fat
194 g carbs
6,360 mg sodium

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

It takes a special talent to turn a single oversized onion into the fat equivalent of 67 slices of bacon, but the line cooks at Chili's manage this horrific feat with the help of a thick batter, a calorie-loaded dipping sauce, and a vat of bubbling fat.

You now have my attention.
Please refer to the "Late Night Snacking" thread.

I dont know what it is but Paul is right, that might be the worst Outback in business over in Baton Rouge.

I forget where I saw it, but I saw that a meal from Canes is higher than that. Still doesn't stop my fat *** from going there though...

I forget where I saw it, but I saw that a meal from Canes is higher than that. Still doesn't stop my fat *** from going there though...

Well they dont have much of a selection. Probably was the big meal with the 7 strips or whatever.

Outback once in my life...

I've only been in an Outback to eat once about 5 years ago. Although when my g/f goes with her friends I'll get her to bring me back something like their ranch chicken breast or whatever. I can't stand going to chain restaurants to have a sit down meal. If I'm going out I'm going to eat something worth it, and not a chain restaurant.

I personally think Outback is one of the better chain restaurants out there. I don't care for the fries but they have some damn good grilled shrimp, steaks, crab cakes and a few other dishes.

If I lived in New Orleans I wouldn't know what Outback tasted like but since I live in Jackson it is one of the finer dining establishments around.

I only go to Outback for the fried mushrooms. They aren't on the menu at the B.R. area places, but you can request them. Very tasty.

I am so happy that there are still places we can go to get food without having to cater to the health nazis. I might go to the Outback in Anchorage and get three orders just to encourage them to keep on fighting the good fight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom