i might get crucified for this but.. (1 Viewer)

yaygosaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I actually have respect for ron mexico after hearing his apology. Most athletes get their agent or publicist to issue a statement of apology. He owned up to what he did and he gave a heart felt apology. That being said, GO SAINTS!

:scratch: Or... It may have gone something like this...

Agent: Hey Mike... we're going to lose millions in endorsements due to you flipping off the fans just now... You need to apologize right away and you had better be convincing. Here's your script.

Mike: :no:

Queue Michael Vick at Press Conference...:0030:

/AcademyAwardWorthyPerformance

Just playing devils advocate. :D

thats a very big posssibility... im just saying i have respect that he was man enough to say it and not have his agent release a statement

i love how he said it was "inappropriate at that time".

er.....when is it appropriate, Mike?

I'll give him this, he played hard the whole game and his own fans let him have it after he already lost to the rivals. That sux and he probably felt pretty emotional and angry. All that said, he isn't off the hook, he shouldn't have done it no matter what.

I for one feel sorry for Ron (flipper) Mexico. I can say that I feel the same way about Falcons fans & may have let a few birds fly in my day. So I can relate... I feel your pain brother! :9:

i love how he said it was "inappropriate at that time".

er.....when is it appropriate, Mike?

I think it is appropriate when the 16 year old girl talking on her cell phone is going 50 in the far left lane on the interstate. But no other times.

If you think anybody but a press flack wrote that whole press release, and that the first time Vick saw it wasn't when he read it, you must think JFK sat down one afternoon and wrote "Profiles in Courage."

I thought it was sincere. I certainly respect him for that move.

I was at the game, and he look smuch faster when you are there then when you see him on tv. That man has wings. I certainly would never want him as the quarterback of my team, but I respect his athleticism and his apology.

I'll give him this, he played hard the whole game and his own fans let him have it after he already lost to the rivals. That sux and he probably felt pretty emotional and angry. All that said, he isn't off the hook, he shouldn't have done it no matter what.

+1

I feel the same way about the situation. Vick played his butt off the whole game, in fact, he's done the same all year. However, the coaches aren't using him correctly, his WRs aren't catching passes and Vick doesn't play Defense. Unfortunatly as the QB, he'll still take the blame for losing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom