I miss 1986 (1 Viewer)

i would not have been able to zero in on the exact year. But I remember we were on a vacation at one point and seeing his testimony all over TV. I guess it had to have been a vacation during Mardi Gras because I was obviously in school.

I have an uncanny memory for chronology, in re to what month and year things occurred in culture, politics, etc.. and in my own life... There’s this actress from the old Taxi tv show named Marlin Henner who made headlines a couple years back because she is one of the few known cases in the world with Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory; i think i have it, but not to the extent hat she does... i always thought everyone possessed that type of recall, but lately people always seem to say to me ‘How in the world do you remember that?!’

I have an uncanny memory for chronology, in re to what month and year things occurred in culture, politics, etc.. and in my own life... There’s this actress from the old Taxi tv show named Marlin Henner who made headlines a couple years back because she is one of the few known cases in the world with Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory; i think i have it, but not to the extent hat she does... i always thought everyone possessed that type of recall, but lately people always seem to say to me ‘How in the world do you remember that?!’

i thought you were going to mention the Costas interview
if i remember correctly, Costas was interviewing her about this and picked a ransom date/event out (and this really didn't seem staged) - he picked the moon landing and she turns beet red and busts out laughing and says 'who put you up to this?!?'
evidently that was the day she lost her virginity

i thought you were going to mention the Costas interview
if i remember correctly, Costas was interviewing her about this and picked a ransom date/event out (and this really didn't seem staged) - he picked the moon landing and she turns beet red and busts out laughing and says 'who put you up to this?!?'
evidently that was the day she lost her virginity

Ha, no I hadn’t heard about that.. or maybe, wait for it................................. i just don’t remember. :)

well..

Fred sanford GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1:36
i have to say i remembered that fairly well

Later with Bob Costas was actually a very good show

Yes, it was an excellent show, and one of those shows that seemed to be on the air for ever and ever, even though not many people seemed to watch it.

that clip is interesting because it looks to be around 30 years old.. if this information about Henner’s memory has been in the public domain for so long , then i wonder why it made news only about 7 or 8 yrs ago, around the time of the article i posted above?

Chernobyl explodes... leaving Pripyat frozen in time. Decades later, this event pays off with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The radioactive wolves... bonus!

Chernobyl explodes... leaving Pripyat frozen in time. Decades later, this event pays off with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The radioactive wolves... bonus!
Shirt. How did I forget about Chernobyl happening in 1986? I've got several books on the event and have always been fascinated with it. Good call.

It was the height of the first network TV show created for the MTV generation. By 1986, no only was it watched by millions (top 10 in the Nielsen ratings, which was something to say back in the 80's given the subject matter) , it dictated fashion (Armani, Perry Ellis, Girbaud, Movado, Maui, Vaurnet, dockers with no socks, etc.) and music trends among Gen-Xers, even reviving some music careers and skyrocketing others. It taught the U.S. population how to pronounce "Countach". It also made one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the U.S. today into a cosmopolitan city.

Yes, it was an excellent show, and one of those shows that seemed to be on the air for ever and ever, even though not many people seemed to watch it.

that clip is interesting because it looks to be around 30 years old.. if this information about Henner’s memory has been in the public domain for so long , then i wonder why it made news only about 7 or 8 yrs ago, around the time of the article i posted above?
Marilu Henner was one of my many celebrity crushes; beautiful and brilliant :)

... speaking of viruses, the consensus first computer virus was unleashed in 1986.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom