I miss Drew Brees (2 Viewers)

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This isn't a hate thread on Winston or the like..

I miss 2011 Drew Brees.. I miss just knowing that as soon as the drive started everytime.. it was going to he 6 points.
I miss seeing Graham... before he decided to fly airplanes all day.
I miss Sproles... before everything went south
I miss Vilma.. even though Davis is an absolute monster
I miss Devers Henderson.. and the deep ball

I miss so many things that only had a small window and will never be something that unites into such a perfect showing.. ever again.

Sigh

This isn't a hate thread on Winston or the like..

I miss 2011 Drew Brees.. I miss just knowing that as soon as the drive started everytime.. it was going to he 6 points.
I miss seeing Graham... before he decided to fly airplanes all day.
I miss Sproles... before everything went south
I miss Vilma.. even though Davis is an absolute monster
I miss Devers Henderson.. and the deep ball

I miss so many things that only had a small window and will never be something that unites into such a perfect showing.. ever again.

Sigh

I miss having actual #2 and #3 receivers that teams had to worry about.

I bet SP misses not fielding a competent defense around him for the better part of his prime. I miss Drew as well. That’s why I soaked up every play, every record, every “Kill Kill Kill”, every double finger wag in the “Geaux” fashion, every pregame chant, every pregame routine, and every finger lick that man performed. There will never be another like him.

Agree, for much of the later part of Brees career, it was Michael Thomas and a bunch of 'other guys', at least he had Marques Colston and Devery Henderson together for awhile...

And Lance Moore. I think Drew would have multiple rings if the Saints had a legit #2 receiver. Too many times in the playoffs, the other receivers just couldn't get open when MT was doubled. Sean owes Drew an apology for not addressing that before it was too late in Drew's career.

It’s already been ten years since that Saints team practiced for a few weeks out here in Oxnard CA and I still feel honored to have seen them everyday back then. That team was something else. So surreal thinking back on it. Whodat

I miss that offense, that you knew was going to be on fire and consistently light up the scoreboard. I don’t miss those defenses, though. It’s a damn shame we suffered from league-worst defenses during the best offensive days we’ve had. I am thrilled that we at least have a defense now, but I hear you. It’s a different feeling knowing #9 won’t be out there carving it up. That was a given for so long. Now, into the unknown. Hopefully Winston takes all our worries away!

I bet SP misses not fielding a competent defense around him for the better part of his prime. I miss Drew as well. That’s why I soaked up every play, every record, every “Kill Kill Kill”, every double finger wag in the “Geaux” fashion, every pregame chant, every pregame routine, and every finger lick that man performed. There will never be another like him.
The worst thing was our failure to give him some decent defenses. Terrible on the front offices part.

The worst thing was our failure to give him some decent defenses. Terrible on the front offices part.

I will always love SP, he is the best coach the Saints have ever had, there is no question. But I feel the most legit criticism is it took him way too long to realize he sucked at player personnel....thank god for Jeff Ireland.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom