I miss Jim Mora (1 Viewer)

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one tired of listening to these lifeless explanations week after week, year after year? Its no wonder our team shows no heart or effort. I for one would love to see some emotion and classic soundbites. Like "playoffs?, PLAYOFFS?" Maybe even some Ditka type anger and honesty. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. I would prefer a tantrum right now over this Insanity. Sean is an OC trapped in a head coaches job. https://youtu.be/yKhyj5Szmks.

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:covri: One or two calls differently and we would have, could have, should have won. Better? :hihi:

And you might be telling your age if you conveniently leave out Carl Smith. Yikes.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Yeah, Ditka and Mora were fiery guys. They told it like it is and wore their emotions on their sleeves. Also, funny story...they combined have exactly zero post season wins with the Saints.

Our "offensive coordinator" in a coaches body has 6 post season wins, two conference title game appearances and the franchise's only super bowl title.

It's easy to get starry eyed at Mora's defenses but his offenses were very underwhelming and totally Ill-equipped to match the 49ers and other top NFC teams.

You can't have it both ways.

saintsfannca

Very Banned
Reaction score
out of all the stupid things ive read today, this one might be top prize.

i'll take wins over postgame press conferences any day

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
How many post season wins did Mora have?? With one of the top defenses in the league?? Arguably the best LB corp to EVER play the game?? Thats right... 0. Come on guys... This is the most ridiculous thing yet today. Get a grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SouthernMissSaint

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Take away Drew Brees and Gregg Williams, and see what you have. Or just Williams if you're talking playoffs. But the point I was trying to make is the lack of frustration our leadership shows. And the inability to fix what's obviously wrong with our team. But what the hell, 7-9 is OK as long as Drew breaks all the records. Always if, if, if. Just like the last two years.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Biggest thing I miss about Mora was how disciplined his teams were
This guy had the Dome Patrol and Peyton Manning at his disposal during his coaching career and couldn't win a playoff game. Whether that was his "fault" or not can be debated, but it is still what happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)