I miss Joe... (1 Viewer)

GeauxSaints53

GeauxSaints53
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYO8D7w93-M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYO8D7w93-M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joe was cool...would like to see him have some sort of role with the saints organization...but as long as Payton is here I wouldn't count on it.

I miss Joe. Unfortunately when I think of Joe, I think of a different Saints organization and a team that doesn't resemble the special group of plaueys we have now.

You know, some won't agree with me, but I have absouetly no problem with TO signing the ball. Imagine how happy it must have made the fan he gave the ball too.

Even if he would have taken the pay cut and stayed I think he would have had a limited role in our offense. Seemed like Payton was ready to move on with our younger wide receivers. Wasn't Horn healthy for the NFC Championship game and Payton didn't allow him to play?

if horn would have stayed healthy we would not have crossed that ugly bridge. he lacked production, couldn't get healthy and the team knew he was not going to get back to old form. his cockiness/belief in his abilities was his demise...mind vs body and the body definitely didn't win.

that being said, horn was one of the hardest playing receivers we have ever had. he fought for every ball, ran good routes, was physical, was a GREAT blocker in the running game (very underrated on that aspect...people forget that WR's have blocking assignments) and he blocked well to help clear other receivers downfield after the catch. he played at less than 100% and was productive and had no trouble sacraficing his body to catch the ball. he played his heart out here for us and made plays that i think we all forgot about with his tenacity and willingness to put himself on the line at any point to catch the ball. he made some tough 1st downs, really tough 3rd down conversions and was hung out the dry many times with an errant pass.

i have heard conflicting stories about his locker room presence. BUT, a healthy/productive joe horn, who usually was a happy joe horn definitely was an asset and did create identity to our team which had NO identity.

AB was not a leader, deuce was a quiet player who let it all show up on the field and our defense...well...LOL. horn was the identity of the saints for a long time and too bad things went bad when he didnt listen to his body. he made the saints and the FO really look smart in their assessment of his abilities and injuries. i think the saints made the same assessment with deuce. at least deuce might have a couple of good backup role years, if can get healthy and he wasn't cocky about it or blame the organization and scream and yell that they made a mistake and he is still a premiere back and will be back and make them pay...LOL...horn couldnt get through 3 games at a time and killed any arguments he had.

You know, some won't agree with me, but I have absouetly no problem with TO signing the ball. Imagine how happy it must have made the fan he gave the ball too.

The problem wasn't his signing the ball, it was his having a sharpie in his sock, which, while unlikely, could have injured a player during a tackle.

I miss Joe also, but how many times did his antics cost the Saints yardage? Joe was entertaining, but he sometimes went overboard.

Joe who?

Seriously, out with the old, in with the new. Don't know of anybody knocking on his door the last couple of seasons.

st. dave

What's Joe Horn doing today? Joe Horn was one hell of a receiver in his prime, and I hope Joe Horn is living a good life, and yes I do sometimes miss Joe Horn as well. God speed Joe Horn...

While it may not have been highly publicized, I always felt that there was some "unsavoriness" to Horn. Maybe it was related to that one incident with Roaf's wife (think it was him) but something about him just sorta came across to me as being...untrustworthy.

On the field, I thought Horn was a great weapon for us for several years. I think he was nearing the point of being past his prime when the salary issue came up after Payton's first year. The deciding factor, in my mind, was that unsavoriness. I just don't think Payton wanted what had been the voice of the Saints for the previous few years to represent them anymore when he didn't perceive Horn to be the high character guy Payton wanted on his team in the first place. If any of that makes sense.

Having said that, I think he did genuinely care about the fans and relished the role of a community voice for the city after Katrina. For that, he has my gratitude.

While it may not have been highly publicized, I always felt that there was some "unsavoriness" to Horn. Maybe it was related to that one incident with Roaf's wife (think it was him) but something about him just sorta came across to me as being...untrustworthy.

On the field, I thought Horn was a great weapon for us for several years. I think he was nearing the point of being past his prime when the salary issue came up after Payton's first year. The deciding factor, in my mind, was that unsavoriness. I just don't think Payton wanted what had been the voice of the Saints for the previous few years to represent them anymore when he didn't perceive Horn to be the high character guy Payton wanted on his team in the first place. If any of that makes sense.

Having said that, I think he did genuinely care about the fans and relished the role of a community voice for the city after Katrina. For that, he has my gratitude.

Don't hold that against Joe Horn.

That was Joe Johnson with Roaf's wife, and that rumor about Joe Horn never dies!

Don't hold that against Joe Horn.

That was Joe Johnson with Roaf's wife, and that rumor about Joe Horn never dies!

Are you sure about that??

Whatever the case is, I still bet that Willie Roaf don't miss Joe Horn no more. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom