I miss the days before Drew Brees came to town. (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Back then, if the Saints dropped a tough game, the attitude was "Man, that was tough. But <other team> has one of the best defenses in the league, and we hung with them for 3 quarters. Ah well."

So much better than "OMG We'Re NOT the pinnacle of FOOTBALL and might not be the BeST team in the ENTIRE league!!1!! FIRE EvERYoNE!!!!!!!"

I'll see y'all in a week. This place is pretty toxic right now.

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Back then, if the Saints dropped a tough game, the attitude was "Man, that was tough. But <other team> has one of the best defenses in the league, and we hung with them for 3 quarters. Ah well."

So much better than "OMG We'Re NOT the pinnacle of FOOTBALL and might not be the BeST team in the ENTIRE league!!1!! FIRE EvERYoNE!!!!!!!"

I don’t. Back then, the organization didn’t have any expectations winning and competing for championships.

I wouldn’t change it for the world!

Still. I’d rather have a fanbase that has expectations than content with mediocrity.
Does it come with some bad? Sure.
But it’s better than it was before.

I get that. But showing some patience and not going over an emotional cliff after a disappointing loss in the second week of the season doesn’t mean being content with mediocrity.

Yeah....makes me wonder if you were really around for many of those seasons because these days are way better and it isn't even close. I can easily deal with fans if it means having a competitive team because in the before times many of those teams weren't even competitive.

I get that. But showing some patience and not going over an emotional cliff after a disappointing loss in the second week of the season doesn’t mean being content with mediocrity.
Agreed.
But the concept of “being happy that the team competed for three quarters” is the type of thinking that keeps franchises like Detroit, Atlanta, and Jacksonville from ever getting to the next level.

Our problem is that our fanbase...like damn near everything else nowadays - is divided. "I want my guy to stick it to them" and "since I can't have my guy...I'm going to enjoy every mistake by the other guy to show I was right" its gross.

Stuff isn't going to change until that group gets what they want.
I think it’s just the natural reaction to the season after the Coach that built the franchise leaves.
Cowboys fans reacted with the same vitriol to Jimmy when Landry retired.

Agreed.
But the concept of “being happy that the team competed for three quarters” is the type of thinking that keeps franchises like Detroit, Atlanta, and Jacksonville from ever getting to the next level.

How we react here has no bearing on how the team does. It just determines how tolerable our coexistence on this board will be.

I don’t get why people try to convince others that losing is ok. Most people I know that are really competitive can’t sleep after a Saints loss. It’s part of the fandom. It’s not toxic. People do not have to act like a loss is perfectly fine. Every game counts. Jameis played terrible and the scrutiny is his own fault. If he was injured and still played, the performance is still on him. Die hard fans will not be ok with a loss like yesterday. The refs absolutely mauled the Saints, but it doesn’t take away the terrible play of Jameis. All these threads about unhappy fans is crazy. I don’t know any fan that’s happy and perfectly positive after a loss to Tom Brady. He’s a deu*** bag.

This is the Saints Forum, not Falcons. I don't see everybody calling for people to be fired. That is all you see on Atlanta's fourms. Has been like that for many years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom