I miss the days before Drew Brees came to town. (1 Viewer)

So ya'll miss when Aaron Brooks threw picks?
Ok got it.

On Halloween 1999, Tim Couch threw a hail-mary TD pass to get the Browns their first win of the season. It was Ricky Williams's break-out game. I don't miss those days.

Last edited:
We have a tendency to romanticize the past but the truth is the past 5 years have been rough for fans. Drew's struggle's in the postseason, Sean's surprise retirement, and all the injuries last year.

I can agree with this. I think it's a culture thing in our country these days as well.

People, at face value, on a day to day basis, especially from their phones, come off pretty terribly.

I feel like we are speaking to different things and it's why reactions vary on this. (And that's ok.)

We all have expectations and of course as the team has been more competitive, our expectations have grown. But how people react to disappointment is what Perret is highlighting. I get that. Criticism has its place but I will probably never understand the tendency some have to just trash players or the team when things don't go well. It's especially glaring after just two weeks.
Trashing players makes no sense to me. It’s always better to support a player until such time that the organization decides it’s time for them to go. Fan criticism never makes a guy play better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom