I miss the days before Drew Brees came to town. (1 Viewer)

Back then, if the Saints dropped a tough game, the attitude was "Man, that was tough. But <other team> has one of the best defenses in the league, and we hung with them for 3 quarters. Ah well."

So much better than "OMG We'Re NOT the pinnacle of FOOTBALL and might not be the BeST team in the ENTIRE league!!1!! FIRE EvERYoNE!!!!!!!"

I'll see y'all in a week. This place is pretty toxic right now.
You must be new here.

Back then, if the Saints dropped a tough game, the attitude was "Man, that was tough. But <other team> has one of the best defenses in the league, and we hung with them for 3 quarters. Ah well."

So much better than "OMG We'Re NOT the pinnacle of FOOTBALL and might not be the BeST team in the ENTIRE league!!1!! FIRE EvERYoNE!!!!!!!"

airport.jpg

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif
I definitely remember this board in the late 90s and early 2000s and lemme tell ya, that was definitely NOT how we approached it here lol. From Ditka to Delhomme, this board always reacts like this following a loss in which everything falls apart. This is MILD compared to the '99 season or the Aaron Brooks years.

I guess calling for Winston to be benched technically isn't firing him.
True. The man is injured. No shame in sitting out the early part of the season to heal and come back at the end to take the team into the playoff. If they don't think Dalton can handle the job right now why even have him? Let Winston heal !

I don't miss those days before Drew at all. People must stop taking fandom too seriously and log off for a minute.

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif
So a losers mentality, meh, hope we never get there again. I can handle overreactions over being a fragile minded loser organization

I dont think the OP ever listened to a Buddy D post game show. Oh man he thinks we are hard on the team now he should have been around for those bag head years...

I dont think the OP ever listened to a Buddy D post game show. Oh man he thinks we are hard on the team now he should have been around for those bag head years...
But we legit sucked back then...people have sand in their Vs because the guy they want isn't starting at QB and the starting QB had a bad game and we lost.

We've had a few bad QB games under Brees 5 ints vs Atlanta and it never got this bad...because he was everyone's guy. Now we got fans cheering (and I bet some of you were) when JW messes up because they feel like it validates their sheetty QB evaluations.

i was just think how close we are to replaying injured Aaron Brooks vs Delhomme on the bench
i REALLY don't want to do this

I don’t get why people try to convince others that losing is ok. Most people I know that are really competitive can’t sleep after a Saints loss. It’s part of the fandom. It’s not toxic.
it's not that 'losing is ok' - it's refusing to acknowledge context and perspective in analyzing loses. and it's using our own biases and anxiety to rewrite narratives of what we all just saw

for instance, CLEARLY the game turned on Ingram's fumble - second fumble in 2 weeks - but the fanbase (me included) almost universally loves MI so he's not held to account anywhere close to what Jameis is
the offense clearly lacks luster, but how many threads are there analyzing Carmichael's play calling?
Many are talking about how they miss Drew completely overlooking that Drew had more than a few games like this

I'm not apologizing for Jameis, but many fans' reactions to his play certainly falls into what can reasonably be called 'toxic'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom