I need a little help pulling off a joke (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My fiance and I want to pull a joke on his friend. He loves the bars and we think it would be funny to send him into a gay bar telling him we heard it is the best club in NOLA. Is there anything like that on Burbon st? The more of a gay club it is the better. :hihi:

There used to be 3 primary ones - Cafe Lafitte's in Exile, Bourbon Pub and Teh Loading Zone. I think Loading Zone is something else (???). I'm sure there are more, but I'm not particularly into guys or disco, so someone would have to confirm. Paul? :shrug:

TPS

Most have the rainbow flag, but the further east you go on Bourbon, the more chance this joke will work. Actually, tell him to go on Rampart by Donna's :hihi:

To really sell it, send him the Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop first (cool place, but right next to the gay district). Then tell him to drop in next door to <insert gay bar name here> which is also a "really neat historical NOLA bar". His guard will be down after hanging out in Lafitte's

And the list of those lining up to proffer the names of gay bars is somehow not surprising

lol.. reminds me of the time I was with a girlfriend back about 7 yrs ago in the quarter. We were really plastered & still wandering around at about 5:00am looking for a place to cause more trouble. Saw an open door & just walked on in... was too loaded to realize where we were.

Ordered a couple drinks & started shooting the bull with some of the patrons. Girlfriend comes running up a few minutes later & says "we gotta go now! bartender says he's going to kick you ***!!" Confused & bewildered she got me the hell outta dodge & says "he thought you were hitting on his boyfriend" Turned around to look at the name of the place... " The Rawhide " laughed about that the whole way home. Don't know if that place is still there.. or where the hell it even was but, if you send him there make sure he's not the "chatty type". ;)

Please, please, pa'lease! hidden camera film this and post it here!

My fiance plans on taking a picture of him comming out of the bar. We will post the pics here. this will happen within a few days so any suggetions would be appreciated

:shrug:

The irony to that was in high school, all the girls always wanted to go to those places and kept trying to drag us out there. We were too insecure to go and didn't realize the veritable gold mine of going dancing with a large group of girls to a place where no guys would hit on them.

Nice obvious gay joke on your part. But save some mental energy for being able to walk later in the day.

You know to pull off a better joke of similar nature is to get him to come down during labor day weekend and have him stay on Bourbon street.

:shrug:

The irony to that was in high school, all the girls always wanted to go to those places and kept trying to drag us out there. We were too insecure to go and didn't realize the veritable gold mine of going dancing with a large group of girls to a place where no guys would hit on them.

Nice obvious gay joke on your part. But save some mental energy for being able to walk later in the day.

My post was a play on Hoya's post. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom