I need a little help (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I know most of you guys are smarter than me so please help me understand this better. I saw a news report a few days ago and they were saying that Russia has been making threats about cutting some trans ocean cables that would interfere with Internet connectivity.. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t cause any issues with connectivity within the US. But how damaging would something like that be? I have to think it would hurt stock trading as there is a lot of activity globally. What else could the damage be?

This sounds like one of those internet rumors that your Aunt sends you via email. What wouyld be Russia's end goal in all of this? Any thing that damaged the US would undoubtedly hurt Russia more.

There are hundreds of cables running across the Atlantic alone. I am sure that they get damaged all the time (earthquakes? fishing trawlers? etc?) but we don't notice because there are so many redundancies. Russia would need to cut them all, plus the ones crossing the Pacific and then take out all of the satellites orbiting the planet.

This sounds like one of those internet rumors that your Aunt sends you via email. What wouyld be Russia's end goal in all of this? Any thing that damaged the US would undoubtedly hurt Russia more.

There are hundreds of cables running across the Atlantic alone. I am sure that they get damaged all the time (earthquakes? fishing trawlers? etc?) but we don't notice because there are so many redundancies. Russia would need to cut them all, plus the ones crossing the Pacific and then take out all of the satellites orbiting the planet.

Thanks for posting that. I knew they had to have redundancy I just didn’t know to what extent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom