I need help (1 Viewer)

geez i should have done something like this when i went thru one of my 2 divorces or when i was diagnosed with cancer and fought thru it till it went into remission. or maybe when my child was killed by a hit and run driver. pick yourself up off the ground tulsa saint.. and I personally find it offensive to even have a thread like this on s/r.

From your join date you probably don't realize how much we are "here" for each other, and have been through the years. If someone takes offense to someone asking for help, then don't read the thread. If, however, someone knows this person and/or feels motivated to help them out, then great. Just know that if you or anyone here in our sr.com world is in trouble, you've got our support. That's one of the things I've always loved about this group of people, many of whom I've communicated with before iron era/sr.com was even around. We've been through sicknesses, deaths, births, cancer, Ditka, autism, financial woes, Katrina, and more together. For many, this is the place where they go for help, even if it's "only" in the form of good wishes and prayers. I can't imagine what losing a child must have been like, but if you had been a member here at that time and let us know what happened, I can promise you that you would have had an outpouring of support from the family here. JMO.

and furthermore this society has moved from panhandling on the street corner to internet chat rooms. as a beggar can reach thousands more people in just a matter of seconds. everyone else here can say prayers or send tulsa saint money but he has no self respect to even come to a chat room literally begging for help. and stoney if you give this guy any money to assist him in his endeavors your just perpetuating his behavior.

Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest?

Not all of us deal with adversity the same way. Cut the guy some slack. He asked for help, there's no crime in that. If the mods had an issue with it, the thread would have been deleted.

I read it right...... she listed Ditka right there along with deaths ...cancer ...and Katrina....

that is great!!!

I couldn't resist....:D

Seriously, to Tulsa Saint: I hope things look up for you soon. Just get yourself and your kids into a better situation as soon as possible. We're pulling for ya.

Good luck and best wishes to you Tulsa-Saint. I'm very happy to hear you were able to reach some sort of agreement, and if nothing else, I hope these well-wishes and the support helps you out in some way. Sometimes just a few thoughtful and positive comments can do wonders. God bless! :)

I hope all goes well for you and your boys, Tulsa. This will pass, man.

Thank you for helping stoney.. Tulsa I am glad you are taking action and getting out of town.. Emotional instability can be a pretty scary thing .. couple that with a messy divorce and you don't know what people are capable of.

Best of luck bud.. Stoney you sir are a real man.

Best of luck Tulsa-Saint. Houston or Austin are both good choices I think as far as relocation, and I know there's quite a contingent from both locales here on the boards, myself included. You would be in good company.

And I would also like to echo Kellye's remarks earlier. In my short time here, I have seen that the member and mods are pretty damn good at seeing through self-promoting BS, therefore if something is allowed to stay here then odds are it's legitimate. I'm very sorry to hear about the hardships you had to endure Ft, but like Kellye said, if you were here then and needed support (if even in the form of well wishes) it would come and been sincere. Besides that, the guy isn't even panhandling. He's selling some keepsakes for the purpose of getting out of a bad situation. I really hope things have gotten better for you, Ft, but there's no need to downplay or make light of one person's difficulties because of what you've been through.

Last edited:
geez i should have done something like this when i went thru one of my 2 divorces or when i was diagnosed with cancer and fought thru it till it went into remission. or maybe when my child was killed by a hit and run driver. pick yourself up off the ground tulsa saint.. and I personally find it offensive to even have a thread like this on s/r.

:dunno: What the heck...

and furthermore this society has moved from panhandling on the street corner to internet chat rooms. as a beggar can reach thousands more people in just a matter of seconds. everyone else here can say prayers or send tulsa saint money but he has no self respect to even come to a chat room literally begging for help. and stoney if you give this guy any money to assist him in his endeavors your just perpetuating his behavior.

I really hope you never have to ask anyone for help....karma is a *****...:covri:

I really hope you never have to ask anyone for help....karma is a *****...:covri:

If I was going to beg for help a chat room is the last place you would find me. good day people. I have suffered more than most and less than some. and yet to beg anyone for help. Guess its just a age and strength thing. its the [mod edit - bd...deleted] of america at its best.

If I was going to beg for help a chat room is the last place you would find me. good day people. I have suffered more than most and less than some. and yet to beg anyone for help. Guess its just a age and strength thing. its the [mod edit - bd...deleted] of america at its best.

I've said about all I'm going to say on the matter, but there's really no way to express how strongly I disagree with you. No matter what you've been through, who are you to judge somebody else's situation and what resources he has available to him?

Good luck Tulsa--you and your children are in my prayers. As a recipiant of prayers from the good Sr.com "family", I can attest to how much this support in the form of well wishes and prayers helps...
cajuncook

tulsa saint, i am sorry about the whole situation. good luck. and kenny, i'm sorry if you prefer modesty, but that was a real act of compassion. it really makes me proud to be a saints fan. thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom