I need help. (1 Viewer)

BLUE_DOG_MAN

KCCO
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As some of you may know (mostly on the Saints side) I am a Captain in the Fire Department on the east coast, for 27 years. I have been exposed to tremendous trauma and death on a frequent basis and my life began to spiral downward. Eventually I realized that I needed help. I was then clinically diagnosed with PTSD. I am not in the military, I wasn’t part of a line of duty death nor have I been a part of a near miss. However I have been exposed to tremendous amounts of traumas and life’s lost. The ones that have affected me the most have been babies and young adults. Everyday is a struggle and I have often contemplated suicide. I am not asking for sympathy. I deal with it.

What I am asking for is you all to please share theses links via social media, email or anything else. Awareness is key. I am also asking for possibly a small donation for my Suicide Awareness Walk later this year. Thanks and I love you all in our Saints community.
BDM

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to post a little bit about this.

As some of you may know (mostly on the Saints side) I am a Captain in the Fire Department on the east coast, for 27 years. I have been exposed to tremendous trauma and death on a frequent basis and my life began to spiral downward. Eventually I realized that I needed help. I was then clinically diagnosed with PTSD. I am not in the military, I wasn’t part of a line of duty death nor have I been a part of a near miss. However I have been exposed to tremendous amounts of traumas and life’s lost. The ones that have affected me the most have been babies and young adults. Everyday is a struggle and I have often contemplated suicide. I am not asking for sympathy. I deal with it.

What I am asking for is you all to please share theses links via social media, email or anything else. Awareness is key. I am also asking for possibly a small donation for my Suicide Awareness Walk later this year. Thanks and I love you all in our Saints community.
BDM

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to post a little bit about this.

As some of you may know (mostly on the Saints side) I am a Captain in the Fire Department in the east coast, for 27 years. I have been exposed to tremendous trauma and death in a frequent basis and my life began to spiral downward. Eventually I realized that I needed help. I was them clinically diagnosed with PTSD. I am not in the military, I wasn’t part of a line of duty death nor have I been a part of a near miss. However I have been exposed to tremendous amounts of traumas and life’s lost. The ones that have affected me the most have been babies and young adults. Everyday is a struggle as I have often contemplated suicide. I am not asking for sympathy. I deal with it.

BDM
Thanks DBM, I have the upmost respect for those who protect, aid/help and serve others.

It is a great brotherhood. Though all are different one thing in common is selflessness, teamwork and a strong bond unlike any other.

I’m very sorry you have these troubles but very glad you are being proactive about them and don’t have a problem talking about it.

I’m not on social media much but I will share these on twitter.

You got it BDM. Like you I’m not .mil or LEO. But with what I do....unfortunately I have come across many accidents with the loss of life. Each time I get sent, it brings the rest back. I still get that “smell” when I think about many. Hang in there man.

I have friends and a brother in the fire fighting arena. My brother is a captain in the Baton Rouge fire dept and I'm sure has seem many of the types of calls you and your wife describe in the podcast/article. Stay strong and always look for a reason to go on!

Thank you BDM for both your service to your community at your own physical and psychological peril - and for your effort to raise awareness. No one should have to struggle with it alone. Please let us know more details about the awareness walk later this year, I would be honored to support your walk.

Done, brother. A very worthwhile cause and, I'm afraid, very under-reported. I'm just up Rt 13 from you, so if you're ever in this neck of the woods please let me know. I have a couple stories I'd like to share.

Thank you for being so open about your struggles, awareness is the first step to healing.

Done, brother. A very worthwhile cause and, I'm afraid, very under-reported. I'm just up Rt 13 from you, so if you're ever in this neck of the woods please let me know. I have a couple stories I'd like to share.

Thank you for being so open about your struggles, awareness is the first step to healing.
Thank you so much. BDM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom