I need some advice Sr.comers (2 Viewers)

Weird. In the tournaments I've been in, bowling too fast has never been a problem considering you have to wait your turn and give 2 lanes courtesy. I often have the opposite problem, I get into a groove in the 10th of the first game (for once being able to throw three shots in a row) and then have to try to maintain it as I wait for each frame in the second game.

The "handshake" technique works when you're starting to learn how to throw a hook, but turning your wrist on purpose inevitably degrades your accuracy. What you want to do is come straight through the ball, curling (not turning) your wrist naturally. Drive your fingers to make the ball get out of their way with your wrist curled (either a little or a lot, depending on how much hook you're after) and you'll find the ball stays on course better, projects down the lane better and has more energy when it hits the pins.

When I was bowling competitively, it was SOP for me to get two lanes and use two balls to throw shot after shot for a couple hours. I found it the best way to get just a little tired, so my shoulder muscle stopped being involved and I could have a good, smooth 'pendulum' swing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom