I need some advice Sr.comers (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I want to tell you guys that tonight as I was at the bowling alley playing a 268 game and a 202 game respectfully, It was announced that their would be a Valentines Day tournament at the bowling alley their and the one I bowl at in a league Wednesday afternoon. I really feel comfortable with my game, it has dramatically improved since I started going again about 4 years ago, I had not bowled for like 15 years before that time and my game have gone big time so I had to relearn the game so to say.

the advice I need is whether or not I should join up and try to win some cash and a trophy, this is a pretty big thing for me, the competition is very intense and their are some really good bowlers that I will be going up against in 2 weeks, but I feel comfortable with my game in a way I have not felt in a long time. I really feel I can beat anybody or at least play them close enough to pull it out.

should I join the games or should I wait it out? Taurus is probably the expert bowler along with me on Sr.com so if he could help me with this It would be really of help, or if anybody else can help me out who is good at bowling please let me know your opinions.

Thank you and I hope I do do good if I go bowling in 2 weeks.

Can you afford to lose the entry fee? If so, go for it. If not, well...how good are you under pressure? There's a world of difference between shooting a 235 with nothing on the line and having to get those last three strikes in order to eat that day.

Indeed it is, Taurus. I think the entry fee is like 3 or 4 dollars, its a local tournament so the cost is not that much. I think my game at the very best-T, is like maybe bordering 200 when the pressure is on in the league. I think the thing to remember Taurus is that my technique is very good, if you saw it you would know what I am referring too. I have a 15 pound ball and I am about 6"4 so that gives me a clear stride in doing good. Tell you what, If its okay with you Taurus I will update you Wednesday on how I do in league bowling thats a good indication of how I could handle pressure. I mean my technique is pretty simple but its easy to get strikes time and time again.

You crawl before you walk, but this is a local event T-man, its not much money to enter, so the potential for error is slim to handle I think.

This is not a state event, its a city event. But Mobile has some pretty good bowlers Taurus , so I have enough to handle anyways as it is.

Indeed it is, Taurus. I think the entry fee is like 3 or 4 dollars, its a local tournament so the cost is not that much. I think my game at the very best-T, is like maybe bordering 200 when the pressure is on in the league. I think the thing to remember Taurus is that my technique is very good, if you saw it you would know what I am referring too. I have a 15 pound ball and I am about 6"4 so that gives me a clear stride in doing good. Tell you what, If its okay with you Taurus I will update you Wednesday on how I do in league bowling thats a good indication of how I could handle pressure. I mean my technique is pretty simple but its easy to get strikes time and time again.

You crawl before you walk, but this is a local event T-man, its not much money to enter, so the potential for error is slim to handle I think.

This is not a state event, its a city event. But Mobile has some pretty good bowlers Taurus , so I have enough to handle anyways as it is.

If its ony 3 or 4 dollars, go for it. Don't put pressure on yourself. Just go out and have a good time.

If you can bowl a 268, even if there wasn't any pressure at the time, I would recommend that you enter the tourney.

thank you jcdolphan, in fact thanks to all those who giving me some input right now.
I really appreciate it

My advice is do it. Get out, meet some people, find a girlfriend, drive each other crazy, and report back here.

Life. Ain't it great?

Oh, and I know nothing whatsoever about bowling.

3-4 bucks? Yeah, go for it, Dave. At worst you'll have some fun and get to see the technique of the better bowlers. At best, you string some strikes and go home with a little extra dough.

A good way to gain experience and learn to handle pressure is by hanging around before/after tournaments and bowling pot games. Everybody puts in 1-5 bucks, winner takes 60%, second 30%, third 10% (usually just enough to cover the ante for the next round).

myspace_ad.jpg

Will they make you take out the gutter rails? :D j/k

To bowl or not to bowl... is that the question?

bowling.jpg

You'll never know unless you do it. Besides, you need to get over the pressure and the lack of confidence someday if you want to do competitive bowling.

Unless yo seek out inferior competition in the first place. :hihi:

You need our advice to enter a $3 tournament? Heck, I'd play that one, and I bowl a 150.

Save your money.
You may need to buy a car one day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom