I need to learn not to drink until I blackout (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Last month I went out drinking after work for happy hour on a Thursday night. Well, things got of hand.

Long story short, I don't remember leaving the bar and don't remember making it back to my apartment. I wake up the next morning with a bloodied forehead and the worst sprained ankle I've ever had. Apparently, I had a nasty fall on the way back to my apartment, coming out of the subway, maybe? I have no idea. I never closed out my tab and left my debit card at the bar. So I go back to get my card that Saturday night (Friday, I called in sick and didn't leave my apartment, because I could barely walk and felt like crap.) My tab for that Thursday night was $135. I look at the receipt when I go back to get my card, there is everything on it, beers, martinis, 6 rounds of shot. I remember doing a few rounds of shots. Knowing myself, I started offering up rounds of shots for everyone at the bar.

Wait, it gets better. My mom back in New Orleans calls me up today and I could tell she was worried. She asks me "Are you okay, have you been sick, is everything okay?"

I said, "Mah, I'm fine, why?"

She goes on to tell me, that they sent home a medical bill in my name for ambulance services, totaling $580! I'm like "How can that be?" She tells me the date on the bill for the ambulance services. I open up the calendar and sure enough it was the night of my happy hour gone bad.

Somehow I ended up in an ambulance that night. I swear, I don't remember being in an ambulance that night; at all! If I did, they surely didn't do anything for me, because when I woke up my forehead was covered in dried blood. If they treated me, why did I still have a forehead covered in blood that morning? I do remember when I checked my pockets that morning, there was a gauze pad in on of my pockets.

I wondered where I got the gauze pad from, I guess now I know. That was an expensive gauze pad! $580 worth.

How did they know my home address in New Orleans? I guess I must have given them my ID in the back of the ambulance. My mom is mailing me the bill.

Do you think I can get some kind of retro insurance coverage from Cigna, my medical insurance people? Blah, anyway, looks like it turned out to be an expensive night. Lesson learned. Today, my ankle is still sore and tender from that night.

LC????....:hihi:

Sounds like my night last Friday. Went out with a group of girls and got wasted. Apparently I left a drunk message with my cousin that made no sense. I wake up the next afternoon with three cops in my bedroom telling me they are bringing me to the hospital. Nothing was wrong with me other than a hangover. I told them that would be a waste of time and to get out of my house. They told me if i didn't come with them they would lock me in a padded cell for three days. Keep in mind I did nothing to hurt anyone nor was any violence involved. So they put me in an ambulance and drove me to the hospital. Then put me in a room that looked like a glorified closet. I talked to the doctor who immediately released me with no ride back home. Who knows how much this will cost, but man was I furious.
Here is a picture from the beginning of the night.

Attachments

• pork 004.jpg
    pork 004.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
At least, living in NYC-- there's no chance of you drinking and driving. :dunno:

This is true, which is why I end up drinking more than I should. My car is sitting at home in the driveway in New Orleans. I was a more disciplined drinker in New Orleans, go figure.

Yet, through it all, you got off at the right stop. It never ceases to amaze me how people do it. Fast asleep or passed out, you'll wake up right before they pull into the station. It's something so powerful and mystic, it'll probably get passed on to future offspring as basic instinct.

Yet, through it all, you got off at the right stop. It never ceases to amaze me how people do it. Fast asleep or passed out, you'll wake up right before they pull into the station. It's something so powerful and mystic, it'll probably get passed on to future offspring as basic instinct.

Very very true. It is short of amazing.

These things are all part of growin up .... I have had that experience many times... it will happen again ... eventually you will figure out how much you can drink and still function... its OK you are normal....

These things are all part of growin up .... I have had that experience many times... it will happen again ... eventually you will figure out how much you can drink and still function... its OK you are normal....

..........and you apparently are not.:mwink:

If you're drinking to the point that you don't have control over yourself, then it's time for you to stop drinking. My brother in law is going to lose his marriage, his house, and probably any custody whatsoever of his infant son because he refuses to curtail his booze intake.

..........and you apparently are not.:mwink:

I have his back. I have seen him drinking in hostile territory under difficult conditions. He is always perfectly in command....at least, as far as he and I would describe it.

**** with hammer on these boards at your peril.

Some of my worst nights have come from hard liquor. I'm not saying I haven't been extremely intoxicated from beer or wine, but my worst nights are from hard liquor. When I was in the Army I'd drink a 12 pack a night and be okay the next day to go to work. However, 1/2 a fifth of 151 and I was toast for the weekend.

I have his back. I have seen him drinking in hostile territory under difficult conditions. He is always perfectly in command....at least, as far as he and I would describe it.

**** with hammer on these boards at your peril.

Jay... That was some fun **** !! I hate the giants !! I got thrown out of the game last year in the 4th quarter.. I had batteries thrown at me and domepatrol2005 got socked in the mouth .... good clean fun baby!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom