I need to shed some light on the negativity about Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I've been listening to the rhetoric from NFL fans around the league and I'm ready to shed some light on the negativity.

Rob Ryan is NOT a bad coach. Where has he been?

Oakland: Al Davis...A guy who was a football genius in his day, but the game had long passed him by (should I mention the firing of Lane Kiffin over Jamarkus Russell?) Remember his comments on what a great young player he was?

Dallas: Is there a worst owner in the NFL since Tom Benson bought the Saints away from Meechum and hired a real GM? Jerry Jones wants all of the hype and that is the reason he got rid of the only real football mastermind he has ever had in his organization. Look at what he has done to his HC Jason Garrett. Does anyone not believe he is a lame duck coach? I mean, the owner takes away his game calling duties and still expects his players to respect their HC? What a joke.

Look, I'm not saying Rob Ryan is gonna set the world on fire or anything like it. But, I'm saying that Ryan is not as bad as everyone else is making him out to be. I will give him time to get his system installed and see what we have in the players after Free Agency and the Draft. I trust Sean Payton, and if He wanted this guy, then so do I.

DR, thats so February 1, 2013ish, that, it's like standing up on a moving train, looking back at the seated passengers saying, "All aboard"!

been discussed to death. SP mentioned it in the interview a few days ago. Sometimes guys just find the perfect fit.

The other places Ryan has been had poor leadership and just wreren't good fits.

This could be the square peg n the square hole for him.........i think it will be.

He was Payton's guy, so that sells it for me. And before anyone says Spags was Payton's guy...I really believe the Defense would have been better had Payton been here all of last season. Adjustments would have been made and the offense would have been better, which would have taken some pressure off the Defense with all the TO's.

While we're discussing such relevant topics, I've got another question:

That ship they built, the Titanic? Do you really think she's unsinkable?

Save it for the season, and especially if our defense hasn't made any improvements at all. You forgot when he was defensive coordinator of the Browns and had a handful of decent players, managed to absolutely crush our skulls in, and then New England back to back in the biggest strangest WTH 2 weeks of football of the 2010 season, and then go back their usual self defense which flat out sucked.

I'm going to give him a try though...

actually, I think most say Jerrah is a great "owner" . He just completely sucks as a GM. Which thankfully has provided for years of entertainment for me. trust me, there is nothing more entertaining than distraught cowboy fans.

We have talked about that, but which brother is better looking SEXY REXY OR ROYAL ROB?

actually, I think most say Jerrah is a great "owner" . He just completely sucks as a GM. Which thankfully has provided for years of entertainment for me. trust me, there is nothing more entertaining than distraught cowboy fans.

This I totally agree with. Jerrah is a great owner, but as a GM he sucks very very bad. I'm glad he is GM, cause we will never ever ever ever ever have to worry about seeing the Cowboys in the Super Bowl EVER again. The minute everything is on the right path, he will screw it up just like he did when Bill Parcells was actually getting things together down there.

I expect him to load up the front on a lot of blitzes.

7 or 8 up front in some looks.

You can fit a lot of defenders in an infinite box.

A great coach finds a way to maximize his talent. And when you don't have the talent, a coach can only do so much...it's not as if Ryan has left a team and they suddenly improved dramatically.

I'm ok with the Rob Ryan hire, just would have rather seen us hire Romeo Crennel instead. Rather have a 3-4 Defensive Coordinator from the Parcells/Belichick tree instead of the Buddy Ryan tree. With our personnel it doesn't look like we should be blitz-happy, which is what the Ryan tree disciples love to do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom