I never bought the whole “Brees will play as long as Brady” stuff...until now (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think Brees would have stayed in the game just to stay in front of Brady, numbers-wise.

But with Brady coming into the division, it feels like things got a little more “real.” Brees is one of those greats whose work ethic is always at a high level. But when he gets a little extra juice, watch out. And things just got a little more real.

Just a gut feeling. But I think Brees will play a) as long as Brady is in his division or b) until he wins a Super Bowl WITH Brady in his division.

I’m pretty sure Brady left New England because he wanted better receiving options too. He wanted to chase those records and Belichick wasn’t having it. Payton actually chases records for his players. We might have another Super Bowl if he wasn’t so infatuated with it, but he’s obviously more of a players coach than Belichick.

And he will be the ref for that playoff game. SMH

super-bowl-referees-bill-vinovich.jpg

I would play as long as I could to secure the coveted NFL records. Why not? That’s a perfect motivation to keep playing.

I’m pretty sure Brady left New England because he wanted better receiving options too. He wanted to chase those records and Belichick wasn’t having it. Payton actually chases records for his players. We might have another Super Bowl if he wasn’t so infatuated with it, but he’s obviously more of a players coach than Belichick.

and so more loyal to the players than to the team as a whole.
It is, sadly, true.
As long as DB/SP combo is around, we are not winning another SB. I luv Brees and only have his jersey and of course COlston!!
The haters will come on, but I find it easy to ignore them, as they are emotional, not practical.

Saints fan NOT just a Saint's player fan!

100% agree that Brady coming to the NFC South likely pushes Drew a little further. Prior to that move, I believed regardless of this season's outcome, Brees was done.

Post move, I think if the Saints win the super bowl, Brees is done; however, if they do not, and especially if the Saints split the season series with Tampa, that is going to be motivation to return.

How quickly the NFC south became the focus of the NFL world...

I don’t think Brees would have stayed in the game just to stay in front of Brady, numbers-wise.

But with Brady coming into the division, it feels like things got a little more “real.” Brees is one of those greats whose work ethic is always at a high level. But when he gets a little extra juice, watch out. And things just got a little more real.

Just a gut feeling. But I think Brees will play a) as long as Brady is in his division or b) until he wins a Super Bowl WITH Brady in his division.
And that’s just sad

Calling it now - Brady is going to be a bust. There's a reason Bill didn't even make him an offer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom