I never thought I'd ever say this, but... (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile the Jags are destined to win the AFC South. What do they have? A franchise QB and a good head coach. We have superstars all over the place, but without that…we might as well have nothing.
I don’t think a franchise QB is necessarily mandatory. A defense the level of the Saints, combined with the offensive weapons just needs a competent game manager.

The Saints don’t need someone to march up and down the field like they are the 1999 Rams. Someone that can consistently push the ball to near midfield and have 10-14 points to show for it by halftime would have the Saints 3-0 right now.

I think a lot of the problem is the Saints OC has been watching how to scheme an offense for 15+ years to be run by a QB savant. Sort of like writing a book in Spanish for a native speaker that has a PhD in literature vs writing that same book for someone who has about a year speaking Spanish as their second language.

I don’t think a franchise QB is necessarily mandatory. A defense the level of the Saints, combined with the offensive weapons just needs a competent game manager.

The Saints don’t need someone to march up and down the field like they are the 1999 Rams. Someone that can consistently push the ball to near midfield and have 10-14 points to show for it by halftime would have the Saints 3-0 right now.

I think a lot of the problem is the Saints OC has been watching how to scheme an offense for 15+ years to be run by a QB savant. Sort of like writing a book in Spanish for a native speaker that has a PhD in literature vs writing that same book for someone who has about a year speaking Spanish as their second language.
Great post, love the last part.

We just need a Trent Dilfer. Lol

Come on now. He does not have a broken back. He isn't even walking funny.
So you think the reports are a lie?
4 layers of protection and a customized backplate to boot under his jersey. Is all of that for a non-broken back???? Tell me you are joking. No offense, but some of you can’t just get past being angry fans. These players are real human beings and sometimes that have legit injuries.

This is a critical subject for discussion, which will be heavily discussed on this forum over the next nine months. And the subject heading should be more specific. However, it seems clear that Atlanta's future is brighter than ours. Atlanta will use its first-round pick in April to pick its quarterback of the future, will have a great salary-cap position, and has already made many of the tough decisions that were necessary for rebuilding.

We borrow money each year to pay debts coming due, and this past offseason, we actually mortgaged our future even more by trading away future draft picks.

I'm a Falcon fan that keeps up with the Saints because we all love to (on both sides). Here is my take on it.

I was at the first game and watched a good bit of yesterday's game before the Miami/Bills game was getting interesting.

The offense (from my years of watching DB/SP) simply lacks creativity. It might be the same offense but nothing makes me question what's going on. Taysom in the backfield? Yup, it's a run. Kamara in the backfield? Yup, it's a run up the A gap. 4 wideouts is a downfield throw. When SP was calling plays a 3rd & 2 could mean a 20 yard out route from a power formation. I'm not saying you can predict everything but the game within the game seems missing from your offense.

This was the exact same issue Atlanta had when we had Sarkisian running Shanahan's offense. All the plays were the same, same players, but the creativity wasn't there, and Sarkisian didn't know how to get inside the head of a DC with Shanahan's offense. It's not a knock on Sarkisian, but we should have let Sarkisian run his OWN offense. One that allows Sarkisian to be creative with.

This idea of trying to get as much mileage out of the past isn't sustainable. We tried it after 2016, and all it did was drag out the inevitable. The reason why Atlanta seems exciting now is simply because we blew the whole thing up from the owner down. I think that's the only way you're going to keep the past from creeping in.

If that means Loomis has to be let go so the past can be let go then let it be done. If we proved there can be life after our "best GM in Falcon history" then any team can move on just as well.

The two years in the tank come and go faster than you think. After this year rip the band aid off like we did. We're on our second year. We might only win 4 more games all season, but this team is WAY more entertaining to watch than the last 4 years combined because we see a clear vision of where TF/AS want to take this. I don't know if it will work out in the end, but we don't have anything looming around that keeps us from moving forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom