I never thought I'd ever say this, but... (1 Viewer)

Atlanta actually have a brighter future than us. They’re a younger team with better prospects. We have ageing players at key positions and a head coach with a terrible record and zero personality. I’m trying to stay positive but I just can’t.
It’s all cyclical now with how the league is set up parity wise. We’ve been so good for so long now we are going to go down a bit. We will be back, but never to the level we had with Sean and Drew imo.

The Falcons are playing like a team. We are playing like a bunch of hired guns. I hope this trip to London will bond them.

Totally agree. Should have had two possibly three. Imo.
100%. Like you say we were so good for so long but just never fell for us after 2009. So many wasted opportunities. Absolutely criminal we didn’t win more Lombardis. Makes how we are right now even more painful because we had our glory years but only one Super Bowl over many years of dominance to show for it. You could actually look back over the Payton/Brees era with the partial feeling of bittersweetness or even be fairly disappointed (not completely obviously because a lot to be grateful for). This in my opinion would be a valid response because we are so far from that level currently and likely will be for a long long time, so it makes the fact we didn’t win more super bowls when we had the chance even worse. I wouldn’t mind sucking for a while whilst we rebuild if we had taken advantage of being a good team for so long but we didn’t. Yes we had playoff appearances and many good winning records but it’s all forgotten unless you make it to the big dance. That’s ultimately what it is all about. We made the Super Bowl once in 2009 and won it. Every other season we were on the cusp looking in unfortunately.

Last edited:
100%. Like you say we were so good for so long but just never fell for us after 2009. So many wasted opportunities. Absolutely criminal we didn’t win more Lombardis. Makes how we are right now even more painful because we had our glory years but only one Super Bowl over many years of dominance to show for it. You could actually look back over the Payton/Brees era with the partial feeling of bittersweetness or even be fairly disappointed (not completely obviously because a lot to be grateful for). This in my opinion would be a valid response because we are so far from that level currently and likely will be for a long long time, so it makes the fact we didn’t win more super bowls when we had the chance even worse. I wouldn’t mind sucking for a while whilst we rebuild if we had taken advantage of being a good team for so long but we didn’t. Yes we had playoff appearances and many good winning records but it’s all forgotten unless you make it to the big dance. That’s ultimately what it is all about. We made the Super Bowl once in 2009 and won it. Every other season we were on the cusp looking in unfortunately.
Totally agree and 2019 took the last wind out of my sails. I just watch for entertainment now. That was our Super Bowl and absolutely criminal.

In hindsight the Saints should’ve hired an offensive minded head coach due to the lack of offense last season. I personally wanted Doug Pederson since he lives in Louisiana.

I understand why the front office wanted to promote from within, so I can’t blame them either.
Meanwhile the Jags are destined to win the AFC South. What do they have? A franchise QB and a good head coach. We have superstars all over the place, but without that…we might as well have nothing.

What a bunch of sad sacks.

You are joking, right? Do I need to provide some offensive stats for you to prove how bad this team is, offensively? Or can you honestly do just a little bit of study?

1-2, and this is where we SHOULD be, when all of the offense was back and drafted Olave and signed Landry? Oline is one more year playing together. And this is where the Saints should be? This is one of the most ridiculous sentiments I have heard.

And the audacity to call fellow fans out as sad sacks, for having opinions is about as lame as it gets.
If your starting QB has a BROKEN BACK, you will not be setting the offensive stats ablaze. There’s only two guys (in recent years) that I can remember playing with a broken back.
1.) Matt Stafford in 2018. Had one of his worst seasons statistically. The other was Tony Romo. Who had an fracture to his L-1, which ended his career. Jameis has fractures to L-1 all the way to L-4.
You say I’m ridiculous???? Please, I’d like to see you go to your job with fractures from L1-L4. For you to even think that man is remotely close to being a valuable option right now is ridiculous. As long as he is playing injured like that, expect to see a stagnant or nonexistent offense. So, like I said……right where we should be. Not where we WANT to be or EXPECTED to be, but this is our reality now. If you see Jameis in the starting lineup, just don’t expect much. That man needs to heal.

We. Have been a broken fan base since NOLA No call. I have had no expectations for two seasons and just don’t get excited for games like I once did.

sure, I get mad at crappy play like today, but I get over it very quickly. There is a lot bad going on right now with plenty of places to blame all over the organization.
This.
I mistakenly got hyped for this season after all the big offseason moves (tho was not happy about CGJ) It was the first time in a few years now that I actually started feeling excited about the season.

Today has now freed me back up to expect nothing from this team and be happy with wins.

I wanted nothing more than to see JW ball out and become the superstar we all thought he could be. But he's regressed from last year with better weapons. Now with apparent injuries to CGM and Juice, we're back to a lackluster receiving crew and a broken QB.

Time to let go of all hopes for the team and just enjoy the lone brightspots when they happen.

I think Jameis played bad today because of his injuries. But I’ve never expected him to be great for us because he wasn’t that great in Tampa. That’s why I wanted to draft Matt Corral but the panthers took him. I have a feeling that we are going to regret that in a few years.

Y'all I think Russell Wilson and the Broncos offense is worse than ours
I never was a Russell Wilson fan, so I'm not surprised by what the Denver offense looks like these days. But I also don't get a charge out of trying to find other teams who perform as poorly as we do. In my mind, that never makes us a better team.

I never was a Russell Wilson fan, so I'm not surprised by what the Denver offense looks like these days. But I also don't get a charge out of trying to find other teams who perform as poorly as we do. In my mind, that never makes us a better team.
Same, on both accounts.

Last edited:
If your starting QB has a BROKEN BACK, you will not be setting the offensive stats ablaze. There’s only two guys (in recent years) that I can remember playing with a broken back.
1.) Matt Stafford in 2018. Had one of his worst seasons statistically. The other was Tony Romo. Who had an fracture to his L-1, which ended his career. Jameis has fractures to L-1 all the way to L-4.
You say I’m ridiculous???? Please, I’d like to see you go to your job with fractures from L1-L4. For you to even think that man is remotely close to being a valuable option right now is ridiculous. As long as he is playing injured like that, expect to see a stagnant or nonexistent offense. So, like I said……right where we should be. Not where we WANT to be or EXPECTED to be, but this is our reality now. If you see Jameis in the starting lineup, just don’t expect much. That man needs to heal.
Come on now. He does not have a broken back. He isn't even walking funny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom