I never used to care about Power Rankings... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But now after Week #3 I am all fired up to see where the 'experts' will place us in their weekly NFL power rankings reports.

:happy0005::bigok::very_happy::aduncan::lit-journal-18392:

Am I wrong to be this eager? Or is this what fans of winning teams are supposed to do?

Should I expect some true love by the media, or would it still be better to have us below the media radar?

Where do you think they will put us? :scratch:

in all honestly Im expecting #5. Giants, Jets, Colts, Vikings, Saints.
Favre will put the Vikes in front of us, and probably their love for the rookie Sanchez.

1. Saints
2. Vikings

Vikes are like us but had a close one(miracle actually) against their only good opponent yesterday.
Baltimore had close ones and got their first blowout against a bad team yesterday. They've played 2 really bad teams & SD.
Giants beat the Cowboys and 2 other bad teams.
Jets are winning vs. decent teams but not obliterating like we are.

I think that power rankings are cool...gives people something to discuss. But what I love about the NFL vs. college football is that winning is the only thing that matters. We can actually win the whole thing DESPITE what the media and the public at large thinks of us. At the beginning of the season I felt like the Saints could possibly have a great season, but fly under the radar until after Thanksgiving because of all the juicy storylines that the sports writers have to work with ( Michael Vick, Brett Farve, Jets & Giants are winning, Cowboys playing at "Jerry's World"). Given the fact that we are in an often ignored part of the country (unless its hurricane season) and we dont have any "characters" on our team (like T.O., Ochocinco, Tony Romo), we will sneak up on people and they wont believe until its right in their face. Its a good thing this isnt college though b/c we'd be like Boise State...no one would want to play us.

I think we'll be top 3 in most rankings, but in the end, who really cares what those nerds think.

Favre will put the Vikes in front of us, and probably their love for the rookie Sanchez.

I think this scenario would upset me a bit. :rant:

I don't think there's anyway we shouldn't be top 3.
1.) Ravens
2.) Saints
3.) Giants
4.) Colts
5.) Vikings

I think the Top 6 is going to be jumbled around in a few power rankings.

In no particular order: Saints, Jets, Ravens, Giants, Vikings, Colts.

All 6 could hold any spot 1 through 6 in the rankings coming out.

This seems very realistic to me. And I wouldn't be very upset about it, either. All of those teams are very good.

I don't think there's anyway we shouldn't be top 3.
1.) Ravens
2.) Saints
3.) Giants
4.) Colts
5.) Vikings

No no no silly.

Giants are a New York team so, by default, are superior to us.

The Vikings have the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ as their QB, so we lose there as well.

We might be above the Colts.

No better than 5 in most rankings.

Giants
Jets
Ravens
Vikings
Saints
Colts

Shhhhh....."under the radar" remember? This stinks.....words getting out that the Defense doesn't suck and the Saints can run ball. It's ruining all my fun reading opponents boards about how "they haven't played anybody", "their OL isn't that good", "they can't run the ball", "their secondary is horrible" and so on. Oh well I knew it wouldn't last forever......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom