I predict a Breakout game by Reggie (1 Viewer)

I've been on his case lately, but I think he may have a great day.

Going to go ahead and predict a postgame full of excuses why this wasn't the game.

With Reggie it's only a matter of time before he gets in a big play. And today it's about time, he's due.

Unfortunately, I think Reggie will continue to have the same kind of games he normally has, where he'll loose several yards due to running backwards on a punt return, and damn near cost us the game with a fumble. I really, really, hope that I'm wrong!

He makes me nervous too, but I'm thinking if he gets enough carries to get a feel for the blocking, he could pop a few.

Reggie does what Reggie does....... he hangs in there, never spouts off at the mouth like other NFL players, makes good but not spectacular plays on a regular basis, loses yards 4 out of 10 times, AND MAKES US A BETTER TEAM WITH HIS HOMERUN THREAT! I mean, cmon, is he worth what we're paying him? Hell yeah, cause I aint paying him! Neither are you. LOL. Ticket and nacho prices will be the same if he's here or not. Bottom line..... we are a better team with him.... especially since we have discovered 2 studs in Pierre and Bell to take the standard "run up the middle" duties. He keeps us the game in a lot of instances and wins games in some. Bottom line, I love him and so do you.

Reggie does what Reggie does....... he hangs in there, never spouts off at the mouth like other NFL players, makes good but not spectacular plays on a regular basis, loses yards 4 out of 10 times, AND MAKES US A BETTER TEAM WITH HIS HOMERUN THREAT! I mean, cmon, is he worth what we're paying him? Hell yeah, cause I aint paying him! Neither are you. LOL. Ticket and nacho prices will be the same if he's here or not. Bottom line..... we are a better team with him.... especially since we have discovered 2 studs in Pierre and Bell to take the standard "run up the middle" duties. He keeps us the game in a lot of instances and wins games in some. Bottom line, I love him and so do you.
Couldn't have said it any better.

13 carries for 64 yards
3 catches for 17 yards
4 punt returns for 4 yards

He got his normal 20 touches and he got 85 yards on those touches. He can keep quietly getting 85 yards a week, because that quietly adds up to nearly 1,500 yards at the end of the year.

Is he the best pick ever, no. Is he a bust? NO.

Where are these homeruns you speak of? He is becoming less and less of a HR threat because he doesn't hit them.

I predict a breakout of Reggie threads every week this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to it, and sometimes join in.

Obviously, Reggie did NOT have a breakout game. I'm not sure what that means regarding Reggie. You'll have to define that more clearly than "breakout game" in terms of TD's or yards or something.

Reggie had a pretty good game today running the ball. I wouldn't say it was a great game or even very good. I would say that he did his job as the third running back today. To make a statement about his running today, on a side note, he ran the ball today the way it's supposed to be run up the middle. He hit holes and put his shoulder down. Having said that, he looked a little skittish doing so, like it was something completely alien to him that he was trying for the first time. When PT got in, he showed us what a hard running, running back could have done with the holes in the first half.

I do give Reggie credit for doing what he was supposed to do and holding down the fort until PT could get in the game, but PT showed us all again why he is the #1 running back on this team, over 120 yards IN ONE HALF!!

Reggie did look embarrassing in punt returns today. It was almost like the guy's confidence is so shot that he has forgotten how to return a punt effectively. He was fair catching and then not catching the ball and letting it roll to the 2. He was fielding the punt and then skipping sideways until he got tackled. He fielded a punt and ran backwards toward the sideline and lost yards. He even caught the ball and ran straight for the sideline like someone was trying to steal his lunch money. I really don't know what to think about Reggie's punt returns today other than maybe it's time to try Rod Harper.

For those who will look at the last paragraph and forget what I wrote earlier, I do think that Reggie is performing well in his role as the 3rd string tailback and satellite back, whatever the heck that is. He still is a good receiver coming out of the backfield, and today he actually mechanically did what he was supposed to do up the middle. Once again, let's not confuse that with going beyond what you're supposed to do and breaking away like Pierre did today. But, again, we got from Pierre what we expect from a starter. We got from Reggie what we expect from 3rd string tailback and the satellite back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom