I ran across this. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ok. Lets all take a deep breath and watch without harming yourself.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNB7ncY7ADM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNB7ncY7ADM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now whot do you think we should take at #10? Notice front 4 gets no pressure in the end but Cb's get burned. Also Young was getting torched at CB.

Reggie Brown looking like T.O against Young

I use to say DT but Cb is a major need. we had pressure and short passes turned into big gains. I don't know what is a bigger need. I still want a DT over Cb though. Gay can cover better than young. i think we will be ok.

No pressure from the Dline in that game or any other all season long.

Notice Grant and will smith causing havoc. Grant then rushed in as McNabb threw that big pass but got doubled and smith couldnt get in. no push. #71 and #96 almost pointless on the line. We need a DT. i would roll the dice and get a DT over CB.

It's very hard to watch after the first play in that clip. Could there have been more of a telling play about our season???

- Smith and Grant over-persue along the line while DT's get no push.
- Bullocks along with the entire team bites on the play fake to the RB.
- No linebacker is within a mile of the QB on a REVERSE.
- David, although it's a running play, plays it terrible and is out of position.
- McKenzie is the one guy who is hustling and gets down to the ball with a chance to recover and he tears his ACL trying to fall on the ball.
- Kevin Curtis, the man who David was guarding (and this isnt David's fault, just ironic) is the one who falls on it in the endzone for a touchdown.

That's it, that's the list. Good night folks.

looking at this makes me think that will smith and grant are good its just that the cbs give them no time to get into the backfield. they were getting back there but have no time to get to the qb.

our dt's didnt really give a push up the middle. All we did was containment and mcnabb had time to step up or survey the field. The bootleg was a designed play and worked perfectly.

DTs if they are there, absolutely. Even trade up to get one. It's that dire. If we can't do that, then grab the best corner at 10. Now that we have Morgan, it would seem LB is not a 1st round priority.

Now watch them take Mendenhall.. :rolleyes:

I use to say DT but Cb is a major need. we had pressure and short passes turned into big gains. I don't know what is a bigger need. I still want a DT over Cb though. Gay can cover better than young. i think we will be ok.

As the old saying goes "Give any QB enough time and he'll find the open man". Watching that.....McNabb has enough time to make a sammich, look for his Mom up the stands, and still find his third or fourth receiver. Grant and Smith do a great job of taking themselves out of any chance of making a play by going so wide. Then the DL leaves huge running lanes for McNabb. There is zero inside push. It wouldn't matter if Deion Sanders and Dick "Nighttrain" Lane in their prime were the Saints CBs they would still have gotten torched by McNabb with all day to throw.

I really hope Coach Ogreron can convince Waddlin' Will Smith and Chubby Charles Grant to lose weight. Or move Grant to 3 tech on every passing down and let McCray rush the passer. We also desperately need some kind of inside push from the DTs. Better play from the DL would = better play from the CBs. I pray Dorsey or Ellis falls. I would settle for DRC but we need DL help more.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom