I really didn't miss having QB Controversies (1 Viewer)

NEBaghead

Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Been a longtime since I've seen a QB Controversy. Few times people thought we shouldn't keep Brees, but nothing to this magnitude. Game threads are usually toxic but they will be like Chernobyl until Brees is back and even then there will be some Taysom Hill fans that will think he needs to start over Brees the minute Brees has a couple bad series.

The backup QB debate was definitely a way to spice up a boring offseason. It's unfortunate that it will linger into the regular season now. I'm rooting for Teddy while he is under center. If he can't get the job done, I expect a plead from fans to at least give Taysom a shot after a while.

Didnt know we had a qb controversy. Our starter is hurt, time for the backup to earn his pay. End if story

There is no QB controversy.
This is not a situation where we drafted an heir and our starting QB got hurt. We are now faced with two backups vying for the starting nod. Not the same.
If we had got the opportunity to draft Patrick Mahomes and he would have to play in Drew’s place, play well, then that would be a QB controversy.

IF there is any sort of controversy, the choice between Teddy and Taysom is infinitely better than the choice between the Billy Joes.

I remember when Trent Green got hurt and Damon Huard played well. When Green came back, we( because I used to be a fan of two teams) all were clamoring for Huard because Green was not the same after injury. With that said, Brees didn't suffer a concussion here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom