i really hate ray lewis (1 Viewer)

I agree with Ray Lewis that Mcnair should not have been treated the way he was treated by the Titans. I disagree that it was racism though.

I agree with Ray Lewis that Mcnair should not have been treated the way he was treated by the Titans. I disagree that it was racism though.

They had no other choice. McNair is injury prone. What if he got hurt, out for the season, then the Titans are on the hook for 25 million on their salary cap?

The whole situation was awkward, and I think it could have been handled differently on both sides.

Having said that, SI just did an amazing feature article on Ray Lewis - pop into a Borders or B&N (or even Walgreens if that's your speed) and check it out. My opinion of him changed a great deal when that was released, and this doesn't ultimately do THAT much to shake the foundation.

To settle this all you have to do is look at how the Astros handled Jeff Bagwell

if someone starts a sentence with this

"I don't ever want to turn it into a black-white issue,"

it usually means that they will turn it into a black-white issue
Welcome to 5 posts ago. :hihi:

He's a damn idiot. Johnny Unitas was denied entrance to the Colts' facility long ago. Admin must have had a prejudice against guys with nice flat-tops.

Obviously the franchise has it out for black QBs; Warren Moon, McNair, and Young.

I live in the Nashville area and never heard once, even from the idiots who call the afternoon sports shows, a single peep about racism. In Pacman's case, I have heard the race issue brought up after every single off field and on field incident. "If it had been Drew Bennet who sat on that girl, he wouldn't be suspended" - I seriously heard that statement. (I mention this to give you an idea of where the locals fit in the whole race issue.)

The Titans have been, and still are, screwed in all salary cap issues. They will be off the hook next year, but, for this season, there was no way they could afford McNair's initial contract. Instead of bargaining in good faith, McNair's agent brought all negotiations into the public eye through the local and national media. At that point, they were not trying to work something out with the Titans, they were trying to force a trade or a release so that McNair could sign with the Ravens.

If there is any other reason for McNair being barred from entering the training facility, beyond the injury risk - which is far and away the most plausible - it would be to stick it to McNair's agent - Bud Adams has a bit of a history in this area.

At the same time they were dealing with McNair, they were also dealing with their backup quarterback - Billy Volek - and his brand-new agent: Drew Rosenhaus. I can only imagine the headaches Floyd Reece had this offseason (and continues to have - McNair's release is still very unpopular here in Nashville)

and Ray Lewis is an idiot.

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

Some believe he was involved in the murders in 2000. If not for his high profile NFL job, he very well could be setting in prison for many more years to come. Just an opinion:

Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl party on 31 January 2000, when he was arrested (along with his friends Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting) for the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Baker and Lollar were stabbed and killed outside a nightclub during a fight in the Buckhead district of Atlanta.

To have murder charges dismissed, Lewis pled guilty in a bargain to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice [1], and agreed to testify against Oakley and Sweeting, who were each charged with murder.

Some believe he was involved in the murders in 2000. If not for his high profile NFL job, he very well could be setting in prison for many more years to come. Just an opinion:

Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl party on 31 January 2000, when he was arrested (along with his friends Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting) for the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Baker and Lollar were stabbed and killed outside a nightclub during a fight in the Buckhead district of Atlanta.

To have murder charges dismissed, Lewis pled guilty in a bargain to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice [1], and agreed to testify against Oakley and Sweeting, who were each charged with murder.

Do you really think a double murder charge would be "bargained" down to a misdemeanor, due to his celebrity? That went over well for Carruth.. Lewis initially lied about facts to hinder the investigation, I assume to protect associates.

That made him foolish, not a murderer. He lost millions in fines, civil cases, and his reputation. Obstruction doesn't carry 25. Lil Kim went to prison for the same issue, without two bodies involved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom