I said it before the pre-season started (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
We need help at guard. Lelito and kelemete are not getting better. Peat is not even looking good. If we don't do something about the guard position drew is not going to make it through the season.

The defense is much improved but this season will come down to what the o line does. We are an offensive team. This area needs addressing asap.

most draft guru's had us taking a G in the later rounds, certainly by rd 4...mostly at 2-3.
It wasn't on the FO's agenda for whatever reason, i think Lelito has taken a step back, when they were counting on him taking a step forward. Peat is still a mystery, obviously the vision here needed some LASIK.

most draft guru's had us taking a G in the later rounds, certainly by rd 4...mostly at 2-3.
It wasn't on the FO's agenda for whatever reason, i think Lelito has taken a step back, when they were counting on him taking a step forward. Peat is still a mystery, obviously the vision here needed some LASIK.

I'm guessing it had something to do with them liking other players more in the 2nd and 3rd vs the guards that were available at their pick..

Just a wild guess though.

We need help at guard. Lelito and kelemete are not getting better. Peat is not even looking good. If we don't do something about the guard position drew is not going to make it through the season.

The defense is much improved but this season will come down to what the o line does. We are an offensive team. This area needs addressing asap.

Wait... so are you saying we need help at guard?

Very Interesting. Do you by chance work for Hotels.com?

I'm guessing it had something to do with them liking other players more in the 2nd and 3rd vs the guards that were available at their pick..

Just a wild guess though.

I agree with that summation, they had a plan right from the git go and they drafted exactly as they intended, some Guards went early, no doubt, but there just didn't seem to be a plan B for that position.

A lot of us have been saying we needed O line help for 2-3 yrs , Evans and ZS getting older ,loosing Nicks and others and not really addressing it . We have 1 great and another very good starters , 1
2nd yr player that is going to be very good ( all this Peat is a bust talk is just absurd)
1 aging player with maybe a yr left. What we do have is ONE hole at RG and a big depth problem. I expect our starting O line to be TA, AP,MU,TL or maybe SK and ZS .Which may do a decent job It's next yr when the real upgrades come

A lot of us have been saying we needed O line help for 2-3 yrs , Evans and ZS getting older ,losing Nicks and others and not really addressing it . We have 1 great and another very good starters , 1
2nd yr player that is going to be very good ( all this Peat is a bust talk is just absurd)
1 aging player with maybe a yr left. What we do have is ONE hole at RG and a big depth problem. I expect our starting O line to be TA, AP,MU,TL or maybe SK and ZS .Which may do a decent job It's next yr when the real upgrades come

Thats not entirely fair/accurate. they took the Nicks loss fairly serious and went out and got Grubbs, who pro bowled for us in 13, but whom we traded due to decline in play / salary issues.

Sean has cleary targeted a Guard for the draft.
But he (forget his name) went 1 round earlier then expected.

This guy needs a cookie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom