I saw this coming media talking about [Mod edit] quarterback controversy in NO (1 Viewer)

I don't like talking heads either. I don't mind Zach and Deuce. They are no more "homers" than Jim and Hokie were. But you have to admit that the brilliant analysis of Drunk Bobby Hebert is unparalleled locally. :loopy:

Like I said, I don't really listen to anything. That's including interviews, guess, round table opinion shows, radio or anything. Drunk Bobby was something I heard from people here and how is he acting up sometimes on radio. But really I have no idea what Bobby say or do, except being on radio. Most of my interests come from actual news of team's transactions or businesses. Other than that, I don't have a desire to turn to anything. I try to avoid getting too excited or frustrated over someone's opinions. But I heard Bobby is a character.

This was the only saints highlights I could really find today and I can't believe the level of ridiculousness after one loss...I usually like Whitlock because most of the time he has a level head and he likes the saints while others on the panel froth with hate over us... but today was just ridunkulous talking about Drew being replaced with Teddy if we lose to Tampa. discussion starts at 43:00

This is nothing new. This bunch was talking about this three weeks before Brees made his return against the Cardinals.

You can call me an idiot or whatever you want to call me but I've been saying it for at least two years it's time to replace him unless you just want to win some games in the regular season and get to the 1st or second round playoff he signed a hundred million dollar contract haven't Bowl no Super Bowl appearances One NFC Championship game and that's it so call me an idiot I'll be there at

If you’ve wanted Brees replaced for two years you must just want change for the sake of change. Two years ago not one person was talking about Brees declining. It all started last year after the Dallas game. Maybe you were ahead of everyone....and if you were I wouldn’t be proud enough of that take to be telling people about it.

You can call me an idiot or whatever you want to call me but I've been saying it for at least two years it's time to replace him unless you just want to win some games in the regular season and get to the 1st or second round playoff he signed a hundred million dollar contract haven't Bowl no Super Bowl appearances One NFC Championship game and that's it so call me an idiot I'll be there at
2 years huh? Do you remember the Minnesota Miracle game from 2 seasons ago? Minnesota was up 17-0 at halftime and everyone thought it was over. And then Drew put on a forking clinic in the second half. Legendary. So are you putting that loss on him?

2 years huh? Do you remember the Minnesota Miracle game from 2 seasons ago? Minnesota was up 17-0 at halftime and everyone thought it was over. And then Drew put on a forking clinic in the second half. Legendary. So are you putting that loss on him?
[/QUOT

If he was the quarterback for the first half that put us in the whole 17 to 0 and yes he played a big part in the team losing if I'm not mistaken he threw a bad interception trying to go deep but under throw Ted Ginn jr that got behind his man . But everyone crucified William for missing the tackle and forgot all about Brees Dug that hole that we was in in the first place

But we do have to ask the right questions....and who's the better QB is not the right question....

The right question is: under which QB does the team perform better??

The answer is the team performs much better under TB, than Brees! The record clearly shows that.....under TB the whole team plays hard.....and that's why they win!

Under Brees the team does not perform nearly as good...the OL does not block adequately, the DL can't stop the run, nor the pass....Matt Ryan had all day to throw, the 3rd down efficiency on D was the most telling!

And this is not news by any means.....FOX pregame show talked about this at length, when J Johnson openly advocated that the Saints D should take the day off, they don't need to play that hard as previously....

That's why I'm very much against letting TB go....I rather cut ties with Brees...not b/c Brees is inferior to TB by any means....but the team does not play nearly as hard under Brees compared when they have TB at the helm. Under Brees the team.....both on O and D is playing terribly at times....its like they don't want to bust their rear end, hoping that somehow Brees will bail them out....well, those days are long gone.....

I predict another loss by the Saints against the Bucs in the next game.....its very hard to motivate players when they become overconfident, thinking nobody can beat them......last game is the prime example...the Saints lost to a 1&7 team....

....pathetic if you ask me....

But we do have to ask the right questions....and who's the better QB is not the right question....

The right question is: under which QB does the team perform better??

The answer is the team performs much better under TB, than Brees! The record clearly shows that.....under TB the whole team plays hard.....and that's why they win!

Under Brees the team does not perform nearly as good...the OL does not block adequately, the DL can't stop the run, nor the pass....Matt Ryan had all day to throw, the 3rd down efficiency on D was the most telling!

And this is not news by any means.....FOX pregame show talked about this at length, when J Johnson openly advocated that the Saints D should take the day off, they don't need to play that hard as previously....

That's why I'm very much against letting TB go....I rather cut ties with Brees...not b/c Brees is inferior to TB by any means....but the team does not play nearly as hard under Brees compared when they have TB at the helm. Under Brees the team.....both on O and D is playing terribly at times....its like they don't want to bust their rear end, hoping that somehow Brees will bail them out....well, those days are long gone.....

I predict another loss by the Saints against the Bucs in the next game.....its very hard to motivate players when they become overconfident, thinking nobody can beat them......last game is the prime example...the Saints lost to a 1&7 team....

....pathetic if you ask me....

So, I guess I just imagined that beat down the ENTIRE TEAM (including our old as dirt, middling QB) mollywhop the Cardinals in the dome- just two weeks before.

The reason I hate our losses so much isn’t just because of playoff standings, it’s because of these ludicrous hot takes that get posted for a week before the next game kicks off.

Some of you are truly ridiculous.

You can call me an idiot or whatever you want to call me

source.gif

This is a no win thread but it will continue until Brees retires or pushed out. Most people on here don't want to face the ugly realities coming over the next couple of years.
The team is going to have to make a really tough decision this year! Do we keep paying Drew on year by year basis, do we give a 40 year old a multi year deal, or do we turn the team over to the now proven TB? The most friendly option is a year by year deal because you can't give Drew a multi-year deal at 41. If we don't win the Bowl this year, things are going to get very ugly!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom