I saw this coming media talking about [Mod edit] quarterback controversy in NO (1 Viewer)

I usually like Whitlock because most of the time he has a level head

I understand that people are entitled to their own opinions and tastes, but Whitlock is an absolute pioneer of "look-at-me" troll "journalism."

He spent a good two years pounding the table for poor, misunderstood Jeff George's return to football.

Do. not. click.

I've seen hot takes. I've seen cold takes. I've seen tepid takes. But this take is so bad that it's cringe worthy.

It's a terrible take for several reasons. Maybe there could be some debate about it if we were dealing with a Montana/Young or Favre/Rodgers situation where the backup was really, really good. But Teddy Bridgewater is no Steve Young. He's no Aaron Rodgers.

Teddy is very good backup who stepped up when his number was called. But to suggest that he gives the Saints a better chance to win than Drew Brees does, that's laughable.

For some reason people want to put this inexplicable loss on Drew but this was a total team loss. From top to bottom. From the Coach down, everybody phoned it in.

I've seen hot takes. I've seen cold takes.
The word hot takes got me laughing when OP mention those group from whatever sports talk show being aired that I didn't know it exist. I refused to tune into tv or radio to hear people's opinion because it is a waste of my time. Most time I just rolled my eyes when I accidentally overhears what they say. One week, this team is a super bowl contender. The next is "what's wrong with them?" And vice versa. Whatever to get people upset or talking, they are doing a great job of it.

For some reason people want to put this inexplicable loss on Drew but this was a total team loss. From top to bottom. From the Coach down, everybody phoned it in.
Nail, meet hammer.

We played the exact opposite game against the falcons of the games we've played all season long. I have enough faith and confidence in both our coaching staff and players to know this was an aberration and won't be repeated any time soon.

I think the two weeks between games and the total lack of any kind of hype over this game screwed with the team's mentality and routine. Now that it's happened, they've got something to go out there and prove again and I don't see them letting us down.

Nail, meet hammer.

We played the exact opposite game against the falcons of the games we've played all season long. I have enough faith and confidence in both our coaching staff and players to know this was an aberration and won't be repeated any time soon.

I think the two weeks between games and the total lack of any kind of hype over this game screwed with the team's mentality and routine. Now that it's happened, they've got something to go out there and prove again and I don't see them letting us down.

Exactly. Some people are acting like this Saints team was the first good team to sleep walk through a game. Games like this happen every year to a lot of good teams. Saints fans should know this all too well. This isn't the first time we just didn't have it.

The Patriots are the standard of excellence in the NFL and they've had plenty of games where they were blown out by an inferior opponent. Just last season they were boat raced by the Jags and Titans. In 2016 they were shutout at home by the Bills 16-0. It happens. The important thing is how the team responds after being humiliated and humbled.

I understand that people are entitled to their own opinions and tastes, but Whitlock is an absolute pioneer of "look-at-me" troll "journalism."

He spent a good two years pounding the table for poor, misunderstood Jeff George's return to football.

Do. not. click.

I'm pretty sure it was longer than two years. He still might be advocating for that to be honest.

But we do have to ask the right questions....and who's the better QB is not the right question....

The right question is: under which QB does the team perform better??

The answer is the team performs much better under TB, than Brees! The record clearly shows that.....under TB the whole team plays hard.....and that's why they win!

Under Brees the team does not perform nearly as good...the OL does not block adequately, the DL can't stop the run, nor the pass....Matt Ryan had all day to throw, the 3rd down efficiency on D was the most telling!

And this is not news by any means.....FOX pregame show talked about this at length, when J Johnson openly advocated that the Saints D should take the day off, they don't need to play that hard as previously....

That's why I'm very much against letting TB go....I rather cut ties with Brees...not b/c Brees is inferior to TB by any means....but the team does not play nearly as hard under Brees compared when they have TB at the helm. Under Brees the team.....both on O and D is playing terribly at times....its like they don't want to bust their rear end, hoping that somehow Brees will bail them out....well, those days are long gone.....

I predict another loss by the Saints against the Bucs in the next game.....its very hard to motivate players when they become overconfident, thinking nobody can beat them......last game is the prime example...the Saints lost to a 1&7 team....

....pathetic if you ask me....

Birdog - Courageous post. Surprised it didn't get a boatload of neg reps. This tells me a lot of Who Dats are feeling the same as you.

Brees is no longer the player who almost solely could tear a defense apart. We no longer have the threat of tearing the top off a defense with long 45-50 yard strikes at any time. Defenses know this and it limits our offense. However, with the genius of Sean Payton, he has designed an effective offense, except for last week, to optimize Brees strengths.

We all know of Brees insane accuracy. We all know how smart he is. Last week was an anomaly to this. Throughout the game, he was consistently wrong when changing the plays at the LOS , usually his strength reading defenses pre-snap. I don't think Teddy changed many plays at the LOS when he was starting. But we can't call out Brees on this when he has been so consistently great at reading defenses for over a decade. Over the past few years, Brees remaining strength to keep defenses from stacking within 10-yards of the LOS, has been his amazing 15-25 yard out passes. He has thrown this better than any QB in the league with insane precision and timing. And our receivers are adeptly trained at the back shoulder catch which Brees is insane at throwing. If Brees loses this weapon due to age, I'm afraid that means the end of his career. I have yet to see that this year, but I also have not seen him throw these passes in his 2-games back.

To your point about Teddy and team motivation, I think you are spot-on. The team clearly loves Teddy's leadership and has played 110% for him. I'm afraid too many of us get lost in Mahomes and Rodgers type insane arms and think we need a Brees replacement like that. I believe that leadership is almost as critical as skills. I also beleive Teddy will be our starting QB next year. He can implement Sean Payton's offense and will only improve. He can throw the long-ball to take the top off defenses, maybe not great but effective enough. The team plays insanely motivated for him. And he is much more mobile than Brees. I was wondering if there were sacks Teddy would have avoided that Brees took last week. Idk, but I was interested.

I still believe that Brees is clearly our best choice for another SB this year unless his arm collapses. However, if the team does not rally around Brees, which I think they will, it puts Coach Payton in a terrible situation for the remainder of the season. Would Payton dare bench Brees for Teddy. I think the fans would revolt, but SP will do what he thinks is best to win the SB this year. I personally do not want any of this drama gaining momentum this year. I believe we will see the greatness of Brees next week and I also think this loss to the birds was a blessing to focus and motivate this team down the drive to the SB

But we do have to ask the right questions....and who's the better QB is not the right question....

The right question is: under which QB does the team perform better??

The answer is the team performs much better under TB, than Brees! The record clearly shows that.....under TB the whole team plays hard.....and that's why they win!

Under Brees the team does not perform nearly as good...the OL does not block adequately, the DL can't stop the run, nor the pass....Matt Ryan had all day to throw, the 3rd down efficiency on D was the most telling!

And this is not news by any means.....FOX pregame show talked about this at length, when J Johnson openly advocated that the Saints D should take the day off, they don't need to play that hard as previously....

That's why I'm very much against letting TB go....I rather cut ties with Brees...not b/c Brees is inferior to TB by any means....but the team does not play nearly as hard under Brees compared when they have TB at the helm. Under Brees the team.....both on O and D is playing terribly at times....its like they don't want to bust their rear end, hoping that somehow Brees will bail them out....well, those days are long gone.....

I predict another loss by the Saints against the Bucs in the next game.....its very hard to motivate players when they become overconfident, thinking nobody can beat them......last game is the prime example...the Saints lost to a 1&7 team....

....pathetic if you ask me....
Pathetic is right. That’s what this thread is.

Birdog - Courageous post. Surprised it didn't get a boatload of neg reps. This tells me a lot of Who Dats are feeling the same as you.

Brees is no longer the player who almost solely could tear a defense apart. We no longer have the threat of tearing the top off a defense with long 45-50 yard strikes at any time. Defenses know this and it limits our offense. However, with the genius of Sean Payton, he has designed an effective offense, except for last week, to optimize Brees strengths.

We all know of Brees insane accuracy. We all know how smart he is. Last week was an anomaly to this. Throughout the game, he was consistently wrong when changing the plays at the LOS , usually his strength reading defenses pre-snap. I don't think Teddy changed many plays at the LOS when he was starting. But we can't call out Brees on this when he has been so consistently great at reading defenses for over a decade. Over the past few years, Brees remaining strength to keep defenses from stacking within 10-yards of the LOS, has been his amazing 15-25 yard out passes. He has thrown this better than any QB in the league with insane precision and timing. And our receivers are adeptly trained at the back shoulder catch which Brees is insane at throwing. If Brees loses this weapon due to age, I'm afraid that means the end of his career. I have yet to see that this year, but I also have not seen him throw these passes in his 2-games back.

To your point about Teddy and team motivation, I think you are spot-on. The team clearly loves Teddy's leadership and has played 110% for him. I'm afraid too many of us get lost in Mahomes and Rodgers type insane arms and think we need a Brees replacement like that. I believe that leadership is almost as critical as skills. I also beleive Teddy will be our starting QB next year. He can implement Sean Payton's offense and will only improve. He can throw the long-ball to take the top off defenses, maybe not great but effective enough. The team plays insanely motivated for him. And he is much more mobile than Brees. I was wondering if there were sacks Teddy would have avoided that Brees took last week. Idk, but I was interested.

I still believe that Brees is clearly our best choice for another SB this year unless his arm collapses. However, if the team does not rally around Brees, which I think they will, it puts Coach Payton in a terrible situation for the remainder of the season. Would Payton dare bench Brees for Teddy. I think the fans would revolt, but SP will do what he thinks is best to win the SB this year. I personally do not want any of this drama gaining momentum this year. I believe we will see the greatness of Brees next week and I also think this loss to the birds was a blessing to focus and motivate this team down the drive to the SB

Swimmer....my post wasn't about Brees at all....nobody is questioning his ability, not me!

But explain to me this....why are players act arrogantly when Brees is at the helm, but they play their butts off when TB is the QB....what "arrogantly" do I mean?

What would you call the repeated flags thrown by the refs for 'illegal use of the hands" penalties?...I know, these faults do occur sometimes....but repeatedly during the same game, when everybody knows the refs are calling that every time? how stupid these guys have to be when doing the same infraction over and over again, and expecting different results?

This is arrogance! or, stupidity, if you ask me..... how many times did the team was called for this very same infraction when TB was the QB?....maybe once or twice in 6 games, if that much?...

You see players have a false sense of security when do the same mistake over and over again....they became arrogant!

That' s why I said "pathetic"....or do you think I was out of line with my comment?

Swimmer....my post wasn't about Brees at all....nobody is questioning his ability, not me!

But explain to me this....why are players act arrogantly when Brees is at the helm, but they play their butts off when TB is the QB....what "arrogantly" do I mean?

What would you call the repeated flags thrown by the refs for 'illegal use of the hands" penalties?...I know, these faults do occur sometimes....but repeatedly during the same game, when everybody knows the refs are calling that every time? how stupid these guys have to be when doing the same infraction over and over again, and expecting different results?

This is arrogance! or, stupidity, if you ask me..... how many times did the team was called for this very same infraction when TB was the QB?....maybe once or twice in 6 games, if that much?...

You see players have a false sense of security when do the same mistake over and over again....they became arrogant!

That' s why I said "pathetic"....or do you think I was out of line with my comment?

Not at all. I can't say that I agree with all your points. There's a bunch of IDKs for me about this. I thought what you said needed to be said and I have a lot of respect for you over this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom