"I saw you at the Lakeside Mall again . . ." (1 Viewer)

That's it. Sandalwood and others to cover afterschool activity scents :hihi:

Not many from Algiers would ask their mom to drop em at Belle Promenade.

Unless you were meeting up with a Marrero girl....and didnt want to be seen by friends LOLOL.

I grew up in Algiers and, at one time, Bell Promenade was the "nicer" of the WB malls. They had their movie theatre inside the mall, with that big arcade next to it, and that new Chick-Fil-A place in the food court giving out free nugget samples. Then Oakwood did some remodeling while BP went downhill.

My mom has never, and likely will never, drive over that bridge, so getting to go to Lakeside was a pretty rare treat.

I grew up in Algiers and, at one time, Bell Promenade was the "nicer" of the WB malls. They had their movie theatre inside the mall, with that big arcade next to it, and that new Chick-Fil-A place in the food court giving out free nugget samples. Then Oakwood did some remodeling while BP went downhill.

My mom has never, and likely will never, drive over that bridge, so getting to go to Lakeside was a pretty rare treat.
When it first opened yeah. But we were always partial to Village Aurora lol.

We just hung around Fun Land at Village Aurora and the Movie theater most of the time.

Where u grew up in Algiers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Got my first pair of parachute pants at The Merry-Go-Round.I used to rock those bad boys with a sleeveless Panama Jack shirt...Man, I sure do miss 1984!
BTW, great song!

Don't forget Country Fair.

And, my favorite part about Lakeside (back in the day) was all the arcade games scattered throughout the mall before they put them in that central location.

When it first opened yeah. But we were always partial to Village Aurora lol.

We just hung around Fun Land at Village Aurora and the Movie theater most of the time.

Where u grew up in Algiers?

Halsey Ave off Wall Blvd, which I remember being built.

Spent a lot of time at Village Aurora. My dad took me to that theatre to see Raiders, Ghostbusters, Jedi, etc, and I still miss the French bread from National.

Don't forget Country Fair.

And, my favorite part about Lakeside (back in the day) was all the arcade games scattered throughout the mall before they put them in that central location.

Country Fair - yeah you right. Go get your Girbauds!

Ok I grew up on Holiday drive...yeah National Canal Villere....spent much time playing Punch Out .

I worked at Godfathers there in high school and just after lol

Ok I grew up on Holiday drive...yeah National Canal Villere....spent much time playing Punch Out .

I worked at Godfathers there in high school and just after lol

We were practically neighbors.

Forgot about Godfather's. We used to go there a lot. Also, I seem to remember a Half decent steak place in the shopping center not long before it was torn down.

We were practically neighbors.

Forgot about Godfather's. We used to go there a lot. Also, I seem to remember a Half decent steak place in the shopping center not long before it was torn down.
Aurora Steak house ?

Yeah rode our bikes on Chippys trail off Mercedes.

Up til about 6-7 years ago we would still meet up at Village Aurora for Alla. Same place since teenage years and just about every OP Walker alum lololol.

Aurora Steak house ?

Yeah rode our bikes on Chippys trail off Mercedes.

Up til about 6-7 years ago we would still meet up at Village Aurora for Alla. Same place since teenage years and just about every OP Walker alum lololol.

Wow. How could I forget it was Aurora Steak House? Oh yeah, I've killed too many brain cells.

Also, totally remember the Chippy's. And there was Monkey Hill at the end of Halsey, by the canal across from Morgan Stables.

Really glad the Aurora Village area has revitalized a bit. Was there during Christmas.

Wow. How could I forget it was Aurora Steak House? Oh yeah, I've killed too many brain cells.

Also, totally remember the Chippy's. And there was Monkey Hill at the end of Halsey, by the canal across from Morgan Stables.

Really glad the Aurora Village area has revitalized a bit. Was there during Christmas.

Yes...Monkey Hill...I couldn't remember the name!

Yeah making a little comeback. I still trip when I ride thru Algiers just to remember what was where n stuff.

O.P. I'm curious as to the history behind this song.
Is this you? A friend? Just something you came across?

Do tell.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom