I swear, I could watch the 2006 Divisional Championship game 1000 times (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...and I'd never get tired of it.

On this, the second sunday of the football-lacking half of the year, while the skies are gray and depressing and the air is chilly, it's brought a smile to my face and a "Who Dat!" to my lips. Being a Saints fan teaches you to let the losses pass quickly and make the victories last forever, and today, that victory of two years ago is reborn on my TV.

Who Dat! And thank you, boys, for 2006. :9:

I must have seen that game 4 times on dvd. I've seen the Dallas game close to 4 times, the San Francisco, Giants, and first Philly game up to 3 times. And let's not forget about the Monday Night game against Atlanta. I still get chills whenever the blocked punt happens. I've put it on repeat before and watched it over and over for maybe 10 minutes straight before.

Sometimes I put the Falcons MNF game on the PC, fast forward to the blocked punt and watch over and over again.......

Nice to know I'm not the only one doing this.

I must have seen that game 4 times on dvd. I've seen the Dallas game close to 4 times, the San Francisco, Giants, and first Philly game up to 3 times. And let's not forget about the Monday Night game against Atlanta. I still get chills whenever the blocked punt happens. I've put it on repeat before and watched it over and over for maybe 10 minutes straight before.
And you call yourself a FAN!!

I have lost count of the number of times I have watched both Falcon's games from last year, the Dallas game from last year, the Philly play-off game, and the Jacksonville game from this year. I still put them on at night and fall asleep to them after a bad day. They have burned into my sub-conscious and provide me with many happy dreams.

I also have the second Tampa Bay game where we pretty much destroyed them. I don't watch it, but I have the Chicago game. I wanted it because we never made it that far before, but it's so heart breaking that I can't watch it like I do the other games. My friend watches the road games with me and my family(we have season tickets also), he had to go to work during the 3rd to 4th quarter of the Chicago game. It was known then that we would lose. He cried at work. I admit that I screamed expletives out loud outside afterwards, but I didn't cry. Now if we win the Super Bowl...

I do it it every sunday. It drive the wife crazy..............A couple of more sunday in soon she'll be in a rest home. LOL ;)

i had found and downloaded a torrent download for the entire 2006 season (a 2 week download - 20 gbs!). I try to watch a couple games a week.

After watching that season compared to this season... (aside from the obvious record difference), everything just went our way and our offense was SO much more dynamic than in 2007. Missing Joe Horn and Deuce in 2007 seemed to hamper the offense's ability to destroy defenses like they did in 06. And of course the defense looked a boob-hair better in 06 than in 07... 07 was just a bad year!

These are just opinions btw! :D

I wish Cox On-Demand wouldn't have taken the games away. Anyone know when they are going to do the "Player Profiles" of all the players in the draft?

For Me it's the Tivo'd Sunday Night game against the Cowboys in 2006!

That is the game that got everyone's attention-because we beat (at the time) the team everyone thought was the best in the NFC. They knew the Bears were lucky with Hester, the Defense and that wack Grossman. The Cowboys game is the one that lifts my spirits.

This past season during the 0-4 slump, I read where Brees even stated that he went back to that game. Here's one ting to note about that game:

The only time Fred Thomas got beat was when his Arm Cast allowed the ball to slip through his fingers to T.O. for their only passing TD. 42-17 Final Score....Royal tail-kicking.

That is the game that got everyone's attention-because we beat (at the time) the team everyone thought was the best in the NFC. They knew the Bears were lucky with Hester, the Defense and that wack Grossman. The Cowboys game is the one that lifts my spirits.

This past season during the 0-4 slump, I read where Brees even stated that he went back to that game. Here's one ting to note about that game:

The only time Fred Thomas got beat was when his Arm Cast allowed the ball to slip through his fingers to T.O. for their only passing TD. 42-17 Final Score....Royal tail-kicking.

I heard a different story. We were 0-4 and Seattle coach Mike Holmgren showed his seahawks players that game and he told them. "This is not a typical winless team, they can actually play"

Then of course we jumped out to a 28-7 lead late in the second quarter.

Is it bad that I still enjoy watching highlights from the 2002 season? :dunno:

Anybody remember who that guy was that uploaded a bunch of games to a file-sharing site? Anybody remember the site? Dude had a pile of games on there.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom