I think Greer will be great at nickel position. (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This guy has great skills but lacks the size to keep up one on one with big receivers on the outside. Also not a high reach jumping with the receiver to get the ball. I think his ball skills are perfect for the inside routes. But he needs to restructure his contract too. 7+ million for a nickel back is a lot. Also, Corey White would do great at SS. Not sure whats going on with Harper's contract. I read on the forum before that we save way more if we happen to cut him after June 1st. Numbers are so vague.

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If anything prob or jenkins is moved to nickle. Greer will stay as a #1 or 2 man corner imo
I dont think so. I think we will draft a bigger faster CB who can keep one on one with guys like Roddy, Julio and Steve Smith. Greer needs to move in. And Jenkins is better at FS. He doesnt have the speed to play CB.

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This guy has great skills but lacks the size to keep up one on one with big receivers on the outside. Also not a high reach jumping with the receiver to get the ball. I think his ball skills are perfect for the inside routes. But he needs to restructure his contract too. 7+ million for a nickel back is a lot. Also, Corey White would do great at SS. Not sure whats going on with Harper's contract. I read on the forum before that we save way more if we happen to cut him after June 1st. Numbers are so vague.
We'd still be on the hook for roughly 7 million, difference would be it would spread out over two years. Even if we designate him a June 1st cut, his full cap hit carries until that date. I had a chat with Pat Yasinskas, ESPN's NFC South blogger. One of those situations where it's cheaper to keep him AND his production, however small it may be, than cut him just to save a million and not have ANY contribution for our money.

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I thought salaries can be completely restructured if a player is cut.

cajungiant40

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I thought salaries can be completely restructured if a player is cut.
No, players have to agree to the restructure. It's like any other contract. Once signed its binding until the employer releases you from it, except in this case the owner still has to pay you what they agreed to pay you lol

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We need to stop hoping we'll have new starting safeties. Malcolm Jenkins will be the FS and Harper will be the SS. Finally, after four seasons of putting up with abysmal safety play we'll shake things up.

Reaction score
I dont think so. I think we will draft a bigger faster CB who can keep one on one with guys like Roddy, Julio and Steve Smith. Greer needs to move in. And Jenkins is better at FS. He doesnt have the speed to play CB.
Football IQ over height everyday of the week. Jenkins is awful at FS primarily because he can't play in space. It has nothing to do with athleticism. Allow him to play man and he will be better.

Reaction score
No doubt that the Saints will be looking for a SS and FS next season after Harper and Jenkins sucks it up again.

WhoDatElite

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Why is this even a thread? You completely wron about Greer's skillset.
I say this, because Greer's skill set is horrible for the slot. Greer is very similiar to Nmamdi Asamougha. He doesn't have lightnin speed, but he has a great ability to interrupt a recievers route and pinch them against the sideline. Greer does great against number 1 recievers, because he interrupts in routes well, doesn't get caught cheating downfield on comebacks, makes passing windows almos non existent on streaks and is still physical enough to play grea in press.

diehardfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)