I think Henderson is gone in FA this year so why not Doucet in the 3rd round? (1 Viewer)

Why can't we just have Devery get surgery to add an extra finger per hand? It could be like a beaver's tail or something.

Last edited:
Why stop at Dourcet?
Lets just draft 7 players out of LSU and pick the rest up in free-agency.

Last edited:
Why stop ad Dourcet?
Lets just draft 7 players out of LSU and pick the rest up in free-agency.
Considering the talent that will be drafted out fo LSU this year, we can do and have done a lot worse...

Considering the talent that will be drafted out fo LSU this year, we can do and have done a lot worse...

Name 5 people that will come out of LSU and have an instant impact on the team they're on, gaurenteed.
Dorsey is a given, but who else?

Name 5 people that will come out of LSU and have an instant impact on the team they're on, gaurenteed.

Doucet would probably start on the team that drafts him. Highsmith would probably start, assuming he goes to a team that isn't good at LB.

Thats probably it.

Doucet would probably start on the team that drafts him. Highsmith would probably start, assuming he goes to a team that isn't good at LB.

Thats probably it.

Exactly, it's absurd the amount of people on this forum that think we should waste picks on positions we're set at already, like Craig Steltz, though we're not set at saftey, he is not going to be a good safety in the NFL. He is TOO slow, yet still people on here think we should draft him.

Wait a minute

Exactly, it's absurd the amount of people on this forum that think we should waste picks on positions we're set at already, like Craig Steltz, though we're not set at saftey, he is not going to be a good safety in the NFL. He is TOO slow, yet still people on here think we should draft him.

I think Steltz will be a nice safety in the league. If he runs a sub 4.5 in the combine. He will not be on the board passed the 3rd. I think he is a nice system player. U say he is slow but i think he is one of the best instinctive safeties in college ball this year and a hell of a safety in run support. Do i think he fits us, no, but that don't mean he want be a successful player. He was an all-american on a defense that play a very exotic and aggressive scheme that he thrived in. I think the question is would u want speed and a lack of instinct like Bullocks or vice-versa like Sammy Knight. I'm gonna take Knight. Not comparing him to Knight but there instinct when the ball is in the air and run support are comparable.

Last edited:
What is Craig Steltz's 40 time?

I know it isn't really that shocking to you that there are so many Louisiana State University fans around here (on a New Orleans, Louisiana Saints Board) and its not hard to realize that people who are fans of certain players on their favorite college team would love to see them on their favorite professional team. So don't go around bashing LSU players just because people want them. Since when has a fan message board dictated who a GM drafts anyway? I'll never understand the nay-sayers who jump into these threads just to rain on everyone elses parade.

And for the record, the Saints are in need of a WR, and Early Doucet could slip into the 2nd (after being projected as the #3 WR by Scouts Inc.) so it would not be too terribly surprising to see a value pick and a need also be an instant fan favorite.

Food for thought: the 3rd WR to go in the draft last year was taken by KC in the first round. He was an LSU WR that had something around 95 catches last year - production I'm sure we can all agree would have served us well this past season.

If he is still on the board for Dallas when their picks come up in the first Doucet is their man.

What does that have to do with anything and what makes five such a significant number? It's pretty rare for any school to put five people in the draft in one year to make an immediate impact. However, how many NFL teams have a draft of seven picks and five of them make an immediate impact? The Saints didn't draft any players last season who made an immediate impact so a draft of Dorsey, Highsmith, Jackson, Zenon, Doucet, Arnold and Steltz would automatically be better than last season's draft, even if Steltz and Arnold are throwaway picks.

You don't have to like it, but LSU is right up there with Miami, Georgia, Texas and USC in terms of current number of players in the NFL. Deal with it.

For the record, Dorsey, Highsmith and Doucet will likely make immediate impacts barring injury. Steltz will be nothing more than a glorified Steve Gleason. Chevis Jackson is the question mark for me. He will be better than Corey Webster, Randall Gay and Travis Daniels, but I don't think it will be immediate. Dorsey and Highsmith would start from day one for the Saints.

I know that people like to put a lot of faith in statistics. Perhaps you are one of these people who see Joseph Addai rush for only 911 yards in his best season at LSU and declare him to be overrated. Maybe you saw that Dwayne Bowe caught 65 passes for 990 yards and felt that the #1 pick that Kansas City was too much. You were wrong on both accounts if you did, not that I would ever expect you to admit as much. You need to realize that LSU is deep (you only need to look at their recruiting classes) and the coaches spread the snaps out to keep fresh legs on the field and players happy.

What you don't see with this year's class is that Ali Highsmith has amazing instincts for making the big play; Chevis Jackson is very physical and makes a fantastic break on the ball. Unlike Steltz's interceptions which were poorly thrown balls by the opposing QB, Jackson baited QB's into making throws that resulted in a pass defensed or interception. Doucet is simply one of the most explosive athletes to wear an LSU uniform in the mold of Laron Landry who could have played pretty much any skill position on the field as a natural athlete. His route running and hands are pretty much on par with the best receivers coming out in this draft. Unlike Meachem, Doucet has shown the ability to make touch catches in traffic as well as stretching the field with big plays.

If this bothers you, stay away from this website for the next few years because it's only going to get worse when Darry Beckwith comes out next year and we still need a MLB.

Last edited:
Dorsey is the only top 10 pick

When a team picks in the top ten the player that they get better be an impact player. U don't waste top 10 picks on projects unless your New England this year. Dorsey and Doucet are the only 2 projected in the first and rightfully so. Not bashing the others but i think they are the most NFL ready. Now if highsmith go to the right team he can be an impact player. The rest of the players are going to have to find their niche on a team. Some player are diamonds in the rough ala Colston. That isn't saying that the rest of the LSU players can't be good players in the league but i think they got a steeper hill to climb. I think the worst situation is Hester. Arguably our most consistent player and he is a man without a position. Unless he gets faster he want be looked at as a tail back. Unless he gets bigger he want be a full-back.

Dude, I'll be blown away if Steltz runs better than a 4.7/40. He is not fast at all...

He will go to a speed coach maybe the guy in New Orleans

Dude, I'll be blown away if Steltz runs better than a 4.7/40. He is not fast at all...

Alot of prospects go to the speed coach guy in New Orleans that work on quick twitch reaction and etc. He turn Landry who was a low 4.5 guy into a whopping 4.33. So getting his speed down isn't far fetched. He has decreased EVERYBODy'S 40 time that went to him. And that is where we think stelz lack. Question if he runs a 4.5 do u think that he will be on the boards passed the third rd???? The same thing applies to Hester i think he is a low 4.6 guy at best.

Last edited:
Alot of prospects go to the speed coach guy in New Orleans that work on quick twitch reaction and etc. He turn Landry who was a low 4.5 guy into a whopping 4.33. So getting his speed down isn't far fetched. He has decreased EVERYBODy'S 40 time that went to him. And that is where we think stelz lack. Question if he runs a 4.5 do u think that he will be on the boards passed the third rd???? The same thing applies to Hester i think he is a low 4.6 guy at best.

I wasn't much for Steltz's play overall in the BCS game, whether he is fast or not. Steltz lacks more then just speed.

Earlier in the year I thought he could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he ran a good 40 time at the combine. Now I don't think anyone would pick him there regardless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom