I think Henderson is gone in FA this year so why not Doucet in the 3rd round? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think he could really thrive as the #2 or in a slot option. They say he could have trouble separating from pro CB's. But if they can get his route running ability better he will do all right. Might put some pressure on the return guys that are in camp. He is difficult to tackle but best thing is he can run after the catch. Also he can do one thing better then what we got he can catch.

Meachem better (well I hope) emerge as the number 2. I think I would like to have Patton in the slot. I kinda just wanna see Defense, and Defense, and more Defense on the first day. But if a guy like Eary is there with no other good options on the other side of the ball avaible I wouldn't be opposed, I would just have looked elsewhere, 2nd day everything is a crap shoot so if he drops that far (which I don;t think he will) I'd be all for him.

Because this isn't a fake Mock Draft. Doucet will go in the 1st round.

Doucet Will be gone in the 1st round..... besides we can plug in a number of guys in the 2 spot for one more year..... the main worry is on defense.....

I'm all about best available, but we need defense in the early rounds unless there is an absolute steal at the WR position for any of our top 3 picks.

Doucet will not be there anyway... We dropped way too many passes last year but getting rid of Devery will solve part of that problem.

no no no...

Haven't you read Saintsreport this past couple of days? All LSU players are overrated. No LSU players could help improve the Saints. According to SR, LSU prospects will be available as follows:

10th Pick - Glenn Dorsey
3rd Round - Ali Highsmith, Early Doucet
7th Round - Chevis Jackson
UDFA - Hester, Steltz

Would love to see Doucet wearing black and gold, but it's too "Early" to assess where he'll be available. Throughout the draft, we need to focus on BAD, i.e. Best Available Defense.

{mod edit - seek a higher level, please - kd} Doucet is a first rounder, or top 5 second rounder at worst. What is wrong with these people?

Hell, if one LSU reciever doesn't work out just grab another one right?

I'd like the Saints to keep Henderson. He will come cheap and provides the only deep threat the Saints have. He isn't starting probably more like a 3rd or 4th WR so why not? Atleast resign him and let him and a few other pick ups battle it out in training camp.

I'd like the Saints to keep Henderson. He will come cheap and provides the only deep threat the Saints have. He isn't starting probably more like a 3rd or 4th WR so why not? Atleast resign him and let him and a few other pick ups battle it out in training camp.

Meachem is faster then Devery. He will be our "deep" threat that everyone is so obsessed with.

http://images.si.com/football/2004/draft/players/31957.html
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/5816.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom