I think Ingram and Kamara are the biggest keys to this game (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is it...you don't come this far to not put your best foot forward. That being said I hope Sean Payton plans to give the Rams a steady dose of Ingram and Kamara. All this week the talk has been about Gurley and CJ Anderson. They are great running backs but the Saints need to remind the Rams and the world that they have two great backs of their own. If the Rams do indeed plan to do everything to limit Michael Thomas then Kamara should easily wind up with double digit catches for huge first downs and maybe even a touchdown or two. Meanwhile, Mark Ingram should be fed so that he can run against a Rams team that until last week had not shown any ability to consistently stop the run. He should also be targeted on a few check downs because the Rams will likely give that up trying to focus on Michael Thomas. As long as the Saints can stay away from 3rd and long situations unlike what they did against the Eagles, I love the matchups and it should be a fun game...If I was ever hoping for a blowout this would be it...It would be a dream to just watch the 4th quarter with a big smile on my face knowing that the Saints are marching to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya, but I still believe it will be Suh and whether/how he is handled.

Payton rarely lets the other guy's best defensive player beat his offense, so I'm thinking he will have a plan to double or misdirect Donald effectively. But, someone, most often Peat or Unger, is going to have Suh one-on-one many times during the game. If whoever that is can consistently handle him on passes and play-action, then I say we win regardless of what their offense does.

The OL overall is likely the key to this game. Getting the running game going and keeping Drew clean. Opening up the running game and keeping things 3rd and short/manageable, as ever, is key.

The OL overall is likely the key to this game. Getting the running game going and keeping Drew clean. Opening up the running game and keeping things 3rd and short/manageable, as ever, is key.

Yeah, on O, it’s gonna b about O line AND takin care of the ball!

I agree 100%. This game will be win or loss with our offensive line.

The Ingram Kamara backfield is part of the offending threat so they are key to every game.

Our offensive line playing a standiut game to me is a bigger Jey to victory...keep Brees clean do he can distribute the ball and pick apart the Rams defense.

Rams will probably see a steady diet of power runs to the left (Armstead's side). Then, after they overcommit, look for trap blocks and gashes up the middle. Counter plays and end arounds will also be in the mix. Finally, all of that will set up play action BIG TIME!

Can't wait! :munch:

:gosaints:

The OL that is all. If they can make Donald and Suh ineffective then it's over.

Pound, pound, POUND the ball. These guys can be run on. Lots of Ingram, then play action off of him when they continually stack the box.

I'd like to see both Ingram and Kamara in on the field together a lot.
Double MT and Kamara the Ginn and Ingram are open.
Stack the box to stop Ingram then MT and Kamara get open.

:tiphat:
Yes indeed.
Heavy dose of Ingram & Kamara with Armstead leading the way.
I'd like to see some heavy 22 sets to help with blocking and while that's happening perhaps sneak Ted Ginn over the top while the Rams are focused on the Run game.

Btw... Ole "Playoff Josh Hill" would be nice in these sets.

:gosaints:

I'd like to see both Ingram and Kamara in on the field together a lot.
Double MT and Kamara the Ginn and Ingram are open.
Stack the box to stop Ingram then MT and Kamara get open.

:goodpost: Bartyboy, ur spot on.

.. Reminds me of a few plays from 2017 (goal line and 2pt Conversion plays),
In which opposing Defenses simply could Not handle both Ingram + Kamara on field at the same time.

I've been hoping SP would be keeping this hidden until ready; well,
It's time to utilize it.

I can also see it as a decoy : Guinn can take the top off a 2condary while the front7 is stuck //trying to deal with monstrous B00mNZ00m.

Take what they give us. We've got the advantage of the Dome, and experience in Brees. If they stack the box, find the open short route. I think they'll try hard to take away the mid to long passes, hoping their rush will get home. We've got to show them looks they are unfamiliar with to create advantageous matchups against their linebackers for quick dumps. I think that's the key to both opening up the running game, and eventually, the long ball. Patience. We'll get the matchups we want, and Brees needs to find them and hit them.

For some reason I am thinking Anzalone might have a key play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom