I think its BULL that the Pats didnt forefit their #7 position... (1 Viewer)

Hammer, don't let it bug you. They had their first rounder taken away and that is a pretty stiff penalty. Taking the Niner pick would be like taking their first rounder from last year and this year. They got lucky because the Niners looked like a team on the way up and pick wouldn't be a high one.

On the flip side, everyone figured Dallas' pick would be a top 5, cut the Browns had a great season.

Nah, I don't want to belittle the cheating aspect, but losing their true first rounder seems appropriate sent a good message to league.

Ding. :9:

My opinion, based on facts:

I hate to say it but the Patriots and 49er's were great because they were the best cheaters of there era. The 49ers cheated around the cap by paying people in cars and other merchandise that was not "salary cap" money but did what money would have done.
Carmen Policy and Dibartalo would have been fined and suspended but they ducked out at the right time and left town. Punishing the new owners/Front office would not have been right. They still won 5 rings, I think because they were the best cheaters in the league.

The Pats cheated by knowing what the other teams audibles were from videotaping the other teams signals. This got them 3 rings. They were the best cheaters of the era.

I believe that most teams cheat, and the best cheater emerges as champions.

OUCH!! ....that mindset breaks the heart of the 7year old deep down in my memory throwing a football in the street in front of my house...... I dont disagree with the post but it certainly does tarnish the history of the game..... its a shame that $$$ soiled the dignity of a sport drenched in tradition ....

Not to mention the fact that Tom Brady may have cheated on Bridgette Moynihan with Giselle Bundschen. Knocked them both up in fact. I believe there has been a major injustice and Goodell needs to look into this matter. Who cares about SPYGATE, Arlen Specter,Mike Walsh..... We are talking about Tom Brady possibly having intimate relations with one supermodel while being "linked" to another supermodel/actress. This is unfair and he should have to forfeit a kid. Now which one should it be. I'm sure you could make an argument for the Bundschen kid, since in fact he was involved with Bridgette first. But there would be those who would say he is still with Giselle and she is way hotter. That would not be punishment that would be a reward.
I have come to the conclusion you can only please half the people half of the time. But Tom Brady can please 2 supermodels......

49erKiller, I love your avatar as much as the jesus brees. simply great.

Thank you. :ezbill:

Not to mention the fact that Tom Brady may have cheated on Bridgette Moynihan with Giselle Bundschen. Knocked them both up in fact. I believe there has been a major injustice and Goodell needs to look into this matter. Who cares about SPYGATE, Arlen Specter,Mike Walsh..... We are talking about Tom Brady possibly having intimate relations with one supermodel while being "linked" to another supermodel/actress. This is unfair and he should have to forfeit a kid. Now which one should it be. I'm sure you could make an argument for the Bundschen kid, since in fact he was involved with Bridgette first. But there would be those who would say he is still with Giselle and she is way hotter. That would not be punishment that would be a reward.
I have come to the conclusion you can only please half the people half of the time. But Tom Brady can please 2 supermodels......

:smilielol: :hihi:

It's gonna be intresting to see how this Spector thing plays out.

I bet a "friend" of Mr.Kraft has paid him a visit.

You don't think that the fact that 'everyone was doing it' (your words, not mine) should be taken into account when dealing with the aftermath? There have undoubtedly been things going on behind the scenes that the commissioner hasn't shared with the rest of us but personally I think the most important thing that comes out of this is that the sport is seen to be clean.

Basically it was a pretty grey area - you can watch but you can't tape... Right. So N.E. got caught but the practice was so widespread that to hand down indefinite suspensions would have had serious implications for every other team and would have tarnished the sport for years to come. Now all of the teams are crystal clear on the Leagues policy and we can be fairly confident that any teams which were doing this, are not any longer (the same cannot be said for doping in Baseball). Now if anyone is found to still be in breach of the regulations, then by all means, castrate them.

I just think it's a shame when people call into question the integrity of the League over an issue such as this simply, to my mind, because they dislike a particular organisation because once, as a sport, you lose that integrity, it's gone -- just ask cycling.

1. So basically, if they were all breaking the rules, just sweep it under the rug?

2. A grey area? Not even close. Go read King's MMQB today. Not even close. Other in the league are more than ****** about this. The rules were more than clear. Taping lets you watch it over and over and correlate plays and formations to hand signals. Watching lets you do that? With that level of confidence? By all means, please call the Saints, they'll hire you in a heartbeat.

3. All of Goodell's actions speak of panic and coverup. All of them.

Your defense is quite passionate and unequivocal. Pats fan? Or just a love of relativisim?

For the sake of argument, let's say the 49ers were the team that got caught taping hand signals.

What happens to the Patriots first round pick in that scenario?

Don't the Giants have the 32nd pick, not the Pats? I haven't checked the official draft order since the SB, but the Giants won the dang game, after all.

And when Goodell took the Pat's first rounder away, it was early in the season and there was no gaurantee that the Niners were going to suck s bad as they did.

The Giants have the 31st pick because there are only 31 picks this year, due to N.E.'s forfeiture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom