I think its BULL that the Pats didnt forefit their #7 position... (1 Viewer)

I think they should have lost their #7 pick instead of the 32.... they cheat and they win.... if I were Goodell I would have taken BOTH!!!!

To add insult to injury, they also have the easiest strength of schedule this coming season.

why is this done! you say you dont advocate cheating but what do you call what they did.
i think belicheat should have been suspended indefinately. players are suspended for off the field stuff, so why when a coach is caught cheating he is not suspended. i think what they did is terrible i dont care if everyone is doing it or not, they got caught. everyone is taking steroids in baseball does that make it ok

Geez, he didn't pull out a gun and shoot someone. He taped defensive signals, that are changed every quater (according to Mike Golic this morning), that are perfectly legal to steal in several other ways. It was a stupid move, and one that pays very little dividends, but he got greedy looking for every advantage possible. He was wrong, but its not that big of a deal.

To add insult to injury, they also have the easiest strength of schedule this coming season.

its not their fault they play the bills, dolphins, and jets twice a year. plus, this past year they had a pretty tough schedule, and did pretty well with it.

i really think that im one of the only guys on this forum that root for the patriots. besides the "spygate" situation, i love everything about their team, ever since the 2002

They've lost their 1st round. What you're actually ****ed off about is that the Pats have the best F.O. in the League (although to be honest, I'm not sure even they expected to be picking 7th this year). I can understand that, it's natural to feel a certain amount of jealousy when a team does something better than yours, but let's be honest - the Spygate thing is just an excuse people use to bash the Pats. If it wasn't Spygate it'd be Belichick's lack of personality or the fact that Tom Brady is single handedly ***ing his way thru the entire female population of the U.S.

So hate them by all means, but give the spygate thing a rest for a bit.

Not advocating cheating, but seriously... It's done with.

Though I wish the Saints had the same run of prosperity that the Pats have had recently.. I am not jealous.... I honestly think that much of the Pats good fortune is due to Parcells and cheating.. I am not implying that Bilicheck is not a good coach but I think Parcells left that team with this "winning" map and Belicheck took it .. added cheating... and improved it that much more.....

when the Saints win.. it will be free of cheating and more than deserved!!!

p4472592dt.jpg

+

18-1

+

1st round pick taken away

+

seeing Belicheck, Brady & Moss virtually go into hiding after the S.B.

=

punishment enough :9: :hihi:

You don't think that the fact that 'everyone was doing it' (your words, not mine) should be taken into account when dealing with the aftermath? There have undoubtedly been things going on behind the scenes that the commissioner hasn't shared with the rest of us but personally I think the most important thing that comes out of this is that the sport is seen to be clean.

Basically it was a pretty grey area - you can watch but you can't tape... Right. So N.E. got caught but the practice was so widespread that to hand down indefinite suspensions would have had serious implications for every other team and would have tarnished the sport for years to come. Now all of the teams are crystal clear on the Leagues policy and we can be fairly confident that any teams which were doing this, are not any longer (the same cannot be said for doping in Baseball). Now if anyone is found to still be in breach of the regulations, then by all means, castrate them.

I just think it's a shame when people call into question the integrity of the League over an issue such as this simply, to my mind, because they dislike a particular organisation because once, as a sport, you lose that integrity, it's gone -- just ask cycling.

Last edited:
Though I wish the Saints had the same run of prosperity that the Pats have had recently.. I am not jealous.... I honestly think that much of the Pats good fortune is due to Parcells and cheating.. I am not implying that Bilicheck is not a good coach but I think Parcells left that team with this "winning" map and Belicheck took it .. added cheating... and improved it that much more.....

IMO, you're about half a planet off on that one sir. :hihi:

p4472592dt.jpg

+

18-1

+

1st round pick taken away

+

seeing Belicheck, Brady & Moss virtually go into hiding after the S.B.

=

punishment enough :9: :hihi:

Amen, and in the manner that it happened - ie. an exciting game culminating in a David & Goliath style 'Giant-killing' - was, I think, a great final chapter for both the NFL and anyone who loves football.

My opinion, based on facts:

I hate to say it but the Patriots and 49er's were great because they were the best cheaters of there era. The 49ers cheated around the cap by paying people in cars and other merchandise that was not "salary cap" money but did what money would have done.
Carmen Policy and Dibartalo would have been fined and suspended but they ducked out at the right time and left town. Punishing the new owners/Front office would not have been right. They still won 5 rings, I think because they were the best cheaters in the league.

The Pats cheated by knowing what the other teams audibles were from videotaping the other teams signals. This got them 3 rings. They were the best cheaters of the era.

I believe that most teams cheat, and the best cheater emerges as champions.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=738527

Last edited:
My opinion, based on facts:

I hate to say it but the Patriots and 49er's were great because they were the best cheaters of there era. The 49ers cheated around the cap by paying people in cars and other merchandise that was not "salary cap" money but did what money would have done.
Carmen Policy and Dibartalo would have been fined and suspended but they ducked out at the right time and left town. Punishing the new owners/Front office would not have been right. They still won 5 rings, I think because they were the best cheaters in the league.

The Pats cheated by knowing what the other teams audibles were from videotaping the other teams signals. This got them 3 rings. They were the best cheaters of the era.

I believe that most teams cheat, and the best cheater emerges as champions.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=738527

Theres absolutely no comparison between cheating the salary cap to field a dominant team and taping signals that are routinely changed every quater or half...signals that are totally legal to steal in several other ways. Not to mention the rule about taping signals wasn't even established and announced until 2006. It was in response to it being so widespread in the league so the commish wanted to put a stop to it.

Hammer, don't let it bug you. They had their first rounder taken away and that is a pretty stiff penalty. Taking the Niner pick would be like taking their first rounder from last year and this year. They got lucky because the Niners looked like a team on the way up and the pick wouldn't be a high one.

On the flip side, everyone figured Dallas' pick would be a top 5, but the Browns had a great season.

Nah, I don't want to belittle the cheating aspect, but losing their true first rounder seems appropriate sent a good message to league.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom