I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly. Sure, Philly has a decent defense, given they held the Pansies to 10 points and 169 total yards. But tell me, if you're going to double-team Colston or Shockey, then that means more throws to Henderson or Meachem or even Bush! Our offense has too many weapons, and frankly, the only one to stop our offense is us! If we fumble the ball, or throw picks (like the flea-flicker last week into triple coverage), then we'll beat ourselves.

But we have too many weapons:

1. Bush
2. Colston
3. Shockey
4. Henderson
5. Moore
6. Meachem
7. Bell
8. PT

All of them are legitimate starters for any NFL team. If you stop one aspect of our offense, we have SEVERAL others to attack right back at you. So again, I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly, including the Philly D.

Btw, I have a man crush on Drew Brees.

Geaux Saints!

Last edited:
I think that this is the problem that most D Coordinators will have. Who will you take away? Whomever you try to take away, you will end up leaving EVERYONE else open and everyone else can kill you.

If we don't turn the ball over, this could be a HUGE problem for the Eagles because the score can get away from them early.

I don't think I'll be too surprised if our O hangs 30 on them, I don't think Philly fans will either. I don't think its a secret about our O being the best in the bizz.

But yeah those are great weapons to have, can't beat that.

I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly

I understand what you are saying, but I dont think anything our offense does surprises anyone. Its becoming a norm. We need to have our defense surprise everyone to win this game and our O play a normal game.

9. Heath Evans
10. David Thomas
11. Roby
12. Harper (?? If he's active)
etc.

I don't think I'll be too surprised if our O hangs 30 on them, I don't think Philly fans will either. I don't think its a secret about our O being the best in the bizz.

But yeah those are great weapons to have, can't beat that.

Yep. If by surprise you mean hang 30 on them, I agree with you. But we won't need it. Kolb at QB = 17 pts for the Eagles. I really don't think we will need 30 to win.

Phi has 2 options.
1. Put 8 in the box and try to rush Brees into a bad throw. Brees doesn't make may mistakes.
2. Rush 4 and leave 7 to cover our weapons. Somebody will be open when you give Brees that much time. Or we eat them up on the run.
I think it is a loose - loose situation for the Phi defense.
Saints put up 31 points.

The Panthers are more of a run first, and quick slants offence, last week Philly shut down Carolina's run game, then their short pass plays to their double teamed premeir WR. Jake was forced to try and read coverages down field and just screwed-up all day. All those turn overs added up to points.......It won't be the same senario for Philly this Sunday no matter who's at QB, or what D-coverage's they will Try,,,

THE SAINT'S ARE COMING>>>>>>>>>>

....I dont think anything our offense does surprises anyone. Its becoming a norm.

All I'm saying is our Offense, esp how good we are and how many different weapons we have, will surprise everyone in PHILLY. They all know how good their Defense is, but the bigger surprise will be how good our Offense is. Especially for all the different weapons we have: Bush, Colston, Shockey, etc.

I think we'll expose the Eagles dedication to stacking the line in the first quarter and close out the half with a 28-10 lead. They'll make a few adjustments to start the third, but it will be too late. We'll start running the ball more in the second half and finish the day out with a final score of 38-17. I don't think Kolb/Garcia is going to be able to score more than 1 TD on us. I look for their ST's to get a return on us though :(

All I'm saying is our Offense, esp how good we are and how many different weapons we have, will surprise everyone in PHILLY. They all know how good their Defense is, but the bigger surprise will be how good our Offense is. Especially for all the different weapons we have: Bush, Colston, Shockey, etc.

I look for Bush and Shockey to be the leaders in catching this weekend. It's gonna come down to how our WR's block out the DB's after those 2-6 yd throws in the middle of the field.

They'll be double teaming Shockey because he's burned them so many times in the past (with the Giants), so he may not get many touches, but that just means someone else will be open.

I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly. Sure, Philly has a decent defense, given they held the Pansies to 10 points and 169 total yards. But tell me, if you're going to double-team Colston or Shockey, then that means more throws to Henderson or Meachem or even Bush! Our offense has too many weapons, and frankly, the only one to stop our offense is us! If we fumble the ball, or throw picks (like the flea-flicker last week into triple coverage), then we'll beat ourselves.

But we have too many weapons:

1. Bush
2. Colston
3. Shockey
4. Henderson
5. Moore
6. Meachem
7. Bell
8. PT

All of them are legitimate starters for any NFL team. If you stop one aspect of our offense, we have SEVERAL others to attack right back at you. So again, I think our Offense is going to surprise everyone in Philly, including the Philly D.

Btw, I have a man crush on Drew Brees.

Geaux Saints!

I don't think our offense suprises anyone. We can have success against any defense. So if we scored 30 points no one would be surprised.

With our offense you don't take someone away. It's just not a workable plan against a team with as many options on the field at one time as we have.

Expect alot of zone coverages in the secondary this weekend from the Eagles the same way we showed Detroit a ton of zone despite being labeled a more man to man offense. You play what you have to play. With us, manning up is a disaster waiting to happen for the opposing team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom