I think Sean’s GamePlan was awesome (1 Viewer)

The reactions from yesterday's game, and Taysom Hill in particular are frankly ridiculous.

Sean Payton knew that they needed 10 points (most) to win the game. They were also playing in Denver, a physically demanding place to play.

The plan suddenly changed, to kill the clock, avoid any injuries, keep everyone fresh, and leave.

A bonus was not to embarrass the opponent, something that matters between coaches.

They did what they needed to do. Turn the page, and up to the next game.

I really don't understand the constant complaining.
:potd:

I can agree with most of that especially the avoid any injuries and keep everyone fresh and leave.

Still doesn't excuse some of TH mistakes.

I'm sorry no coach does that, if you have a clear advantage going into a game why in the hell would you handicap yourself to try and make it even and thus possibly losing the game in the process. That is not how coaching works my friend.
i believe it does in times of Covid. I have coached quite a bit in my lifetime and it is a fraternity. Vic Fangio is a friend of SP. No doubt we would win this game. Just good sportsmanship and a finger to Goodell.

To the OP's point, I would use the Rams game vs Dolphins to support his point.

The Dolphins literally could not move the ball on offense, but the Rams were reckless with the ball and lost the game because of it.

Last edited:
Atlanta, based on our two games with Hill, is going to sell out on stopping the run and option. They are going to be overly aggressive and Payton is going to burn them by unleashing Hill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom