I think Sean’s GamePlan was awesome (1 Viewer)

latechsaint26

Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
The saints did an amazing job. Taysom wasn’t throwing the ball because Payton didn’t want him to.
I think he could improve some on the indecision, but even that was just a part of extra prudent behavior.

SP knew they couldn’t move the ball so field position was all that mattered.

We ran the ball so that our D wasn’t worn down and stayed rested/injury free.

It certainly wasn’t what we saw last week but Denver has a good defense and we didn’t want to give them a shot to make any real plays.

I don’t think we need to be critical of TH or the offense too much based on this game. I think that was all part of the plan. We’ll see how he does next week again in a normal game.

Yes here is a link to what TH7 and SP said. The offensive game plan was changed upon learning that Denver wouldn’t have a QB available. What great sportsmanship!!!

So, the game plan changed sometime Saturday???

I agree, LaTechSaint. If Taysom plays well against an Atlanta D that will have had the opportunity to adjust to him after their first game, then the outlook on his abilities will change dramatically. The Denver game was a weird game the likes of which I have never seen, save for maybe the time Payton played QB for the Bears in 1987 when most of the real players were out on strike but our starting linebackers broke the picket line and gave Payton a pounding. I'm not taking a lot away from the Denver game about Taysom's play other than, yes, he took some unnecessary sacks due to indecision when he had open receivers/outlets. On the other hand, he was effective running the ball and led the team to several scores. Let's see if he is more decisive against Atlanta.

I think there should have been a few Play Action plays and a couple of Deep Bombs.

Mostly to keep the Denver D honest and not going ALL OUT to Stop the Run!

But, overall, I loved that they Ran, Ran and Ran some more!

Geaux Saints.

Isn't it possible that once we found out Denver had no QB'S, SP decided to go ultra conservative because we didn't have to be anywhere close to perfect to win that game. Doesn't excuse the poor decisions TH7 made but all in all, we got the win, we're on to Atlanta and maybe most importantly, but running that dumbed down offense, we didn't give the falcons or the rest of the league any tape to watch and analyze.

Lol one way to look at it. I guess

Missed throws, throws in triple coverage, holding on to the ball too long, turning the ball over and failing to hit the screen.....all apart of the plan. Got it!

Payton probably came into the game with a plan on heavy run with play action pass, but when Taysom stuggled, he leaned in on the run. I think the gameplan would have been more open if Hill didn't look so out of place in the pocket.

Lol one way to look at it. I guess

Missed throws, throws in triple coverage, holding on to the ball too long, turning the ball over and failing to hit the screen.....all apart of the plan. Got it!
Yeah I mean you can't on one hand applaud the game plan for being genius when you "supposedly" made your quarterback look inept.

Obviously Hill shouldn't have been throwing 30 yard passes down the seam, but the gun shyness he showed during that game was something to behold.

He did what we all have screamed for all season. Ran Murray until they forced us not to, which wasn't much.
Taysom had a rough day, but there were some good moments too in the 2nd half. He seemed to play a little looser in spurts.

Lots to clean up, but Drew being on the sidelines will do wonders for him. Hopefully Drew can travel this week.

We were also missing the entire starting left side of the Oline. As well as a backup. Clapp was pulled up from the practice squad and played a lot. Also, Ruiz has been more effective as a run blocker. His pass protection has been suspect but he is a rookie and played center the last few years. McCoy would have been moved to guard and Ruiz would have played center if there had been a normal off season.
Also, Josh Hill our best blocking TE was coming off a concussion.
This doesn’t excuse TH from holding the ball too long and missing screens and wide open receivers.

Yeah I mean you can't on one hand applaud the game plan for being genius when you "supposedly" made your quarterback look inept.

Obviously Hill shouldn't have been throwing 30 yard passes down the seam, but the gun shyness he showed during that game was something to behold.

Especially when your game plan takes your best players out of the game

Yes here is a link to what TH7 and SP said. The offensive game plan was changed upon learning that Denver wouldn’t have a QB available. What great sportsmanship!!!

So, the game plan changed sometime Saturday???
From what I recall Saturday night they do the final game plan where offense picks the plays they’re going to run.

The reactions from yesterday's game, and Taysom Hill in particular are frankly ridiculous.

Sean Payton knew that they needed 10 points (most) to win the game. They were also playing in Denver, a physically demanding place to play.

The plan suddenly changed, to kill the clock, avoid any injuries, keep everyone fresh, and leave.

A bonus was not to embarrass the opponent, something that matters between coaches.

They did what they needed to do. Turn the page, and up to the next game.

I really don't understand the constant complaining.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom