I think Sean’s GamePlan was awesome (1 Viewer)

From what I recall Saturday night they do the final game plan where offense picks the plays they’re going to run.
Yes, but TH7 and SP said the game plan drastically changed when hearing about the Broncos not having a QB, which was Saturday. So, my take away is that SP scrapped his initial plan and just pieced together a super duper heavy run package game plan. Largely do to sportsmanship, as he should have. Just my $.02, so I’m not overreacting to how TH7 did in the passing game. The entire vibe of that game was just weird. All of the player’s body language said as much.

The saints did an amazing job. Taysom wasn’t throwing the ball because Payton didn’t want him to.
I think he could improve some on the indecision, but even that was just a part of extra prudent behavior.

SP knew they couldn’t move the ball so field position was all that mattered.

We ran the ball so that our D wasn’t worn down and stayed rested/injury free.

It certainly wasn’t what we saw last week but Denver has a good defense and we didn’t want to give them a shot to make any real plays.

I don’t think we need to be critical of TH or the offense too much based on this game. I think that was all part of the plan. We’ll see how he does next week again in a normal game.
Yep. Coach Payton executed a perfect game plan, given yesterday's circumstances. Man up on defense, and then run a safe, ball control style on offense. Everyone knew the ground game was consistently going to the right side, yet McCoy, Ruiz, and Ramczyk imposed their collective will regardless. A+ execution.

Yes, but TH7 and SP said the game plan drastically changed when hearing about the Broncos not having a QB, which was Saturday. So, my take away is that SP scrapped his initial plan and just pieced together a super duper heavy run package game plan. Largely do to sportsmanship, as he should have. Just my $.02, so I’m not overreacting to how TH7 did in the passing game. The entire vibe of that game was just weird. All of the player’s body language said as much.
This makes sense when you examine Taysom's mannerisms yesterday. With almost every attempt to throw the ball it looked like he was wondering if he was sticking to Payton's game plan. There was certainly a lack of 'aggressiveness' in his decisions.

Or maybe he was just confused. :scratch:

This makes sense when you examine Taysom's mannerisms yesterday. With almost every attempt to throw the ball it looked like he was wondering if he was sticking to Payton's game plan. There was certainly a lack of 'aggressiveness' in his decisions.

Supposedly Payton was all over him about "NO TURNOVERS", all game. No turnovers? Mission accomplished, but Hill sometimes played w/hesitation, not confidence.

The route running, timing, etc was off. The only game plan that didn’t change was on the defensive side of the ball. Their jobs actually became easier, so no point in trying to go all out anyway.

It was a heavy run game game plan that was changed the night before the game. Taysom had to adjust on the fly in his second start to a new game plan and we ran for over 200yrds and had a basic passing game basically to mirror what the Broncos had to do.

To me its a sign of respect from one coach to the next for Payton not to take advantage of that decision made by the league to make the Broncos still line up and play.

Does anyone remember back when this board used to kill CSP for ignoring the run?

This is a sign of coaching maturity.

Also, if CSP thinks Taysom is the future, it won't be running this offense we just saw. Our coach wants to put the ball in the air, and we all know it. He would not consider a run-happy Taysom offense to be his ideal play-calling future.

That makes me realize that he sees something in TH that we haven't seen yet. Yeah, I'm still waiting to see it too, but most of us are playing checkers and coach is playing 3-D chess.... Let's give him some rope here.

Supposedly Payton was all over him about "NO TURNOVERS", all game. No turnovers? Mission accomplished, but Hill sometimes played w/hesitation, not confidence.
And in some ways that hesitation may have created our one turnover when the timing was off on the pass to Mike Thomas and the ball got tip up for the interception. It's hard to excel at the position when someone is pulling back on your reins.

The reactions from yesterday's game, and Taysom Hill in particular are frankly ridiculous.

Sean Payton knew that they needed 10 points (most) to win the game. They were also playing in Denver, a physically demanding place to play.

The plan suddenly changed, to kill the clock, avoid any injuries, keep everyone fresh, and leave.

A bonus was not to embarrass the opponent, something that matters between coaches.

They did what they needed to do. Turn the page, and up to the next game.

I really don't understand the constant complaining.
I agree. SP can rub it in sometimes but he won without totally embarrassing Fangio and the Broncos. The Broncos and especially their QB/WR played hard and I applaud them for playing the game.

The reactions from yesterday's game, and Taysom Hill in particular are frankly ridiculous.

Sean Payton knew that they needed 10 points (most) to win the game. They were also playing in Denver, a physically demanding place to play.

The plan suddenly changed, to kill the clock, avoid any injuries, keep everyone fresh, and leave.

A bonus was not to embarrass the opponent, something that matters between coaches.

Agreed. Not to mention that they were missing their starting left side of the O line.

There are so many bad takes regarding Taysom being vomited all over this here site that it’s sad. It’s like the dumber the take, the louder and more prolific they become. Just dumb.

I’m cool with coach’s plan, which seemed to be run the ball, speed up the game, and get the heck out of there healthy with a W.

TH was pretty bad, but I’ll give him a mulligan for the game. That performance won’t fly against Atl though.

I can agree with most of that especially the avoid any injuries and keep everyone fresh and leave.

Still doesn't excuse some of TH mistakes.

Personally, I think SP changed our gameplan to balance the scales! He knew they couldn't pass the ball with no qb's, so we'll do the same. we only threw 16 times. Props the SP for taking a bad situation and equaling the playing field!

I'm sorry no coach does that, if you have a clear advantage going into a game why in the hell would you handicap yourself to try and make it even and thus possibly losing the game in the process. That is not how coaching works my friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom