I think Sean Payton will resign before the end of the season (edited) (1 Viewer)

CoachKen

Banned
Reaction score
You can see it coming, it's in his voice; Payton will resign.
Payton has singlehandedly ruin a good thing, and he will do the city a favor and resign.

His image/reputation is beyond repair and he knows things can't get fixed now. You have to know when to hold them and to fold them. Payton will not finish the season

Fact is changes need to be made. Either Payton overhauls that entire defensive coaching staff or he goes. The way things are now is unacceptable. His defenses have been utter garbage for most of his time here. Enough is enough.

This isn't college and it can't change in a season. Falcons went get Nolan and their defense still sucks. So their is me playing devils advocate for you.

I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed. He's not resigning......the team is a work in progress and if you really expected great things this year you're the one with the problem. Not the team. We're coming off 2 seasons with the worst defense in the history of football....ever. Let that sink in a minute.....the worst EVER. You don't fix that in a year or even 2 years let alone the fact half your defensive starters are injured.

I think you and probably half this board need to take a breath and realize you're probably not really that surprised by this seasons team. I hoped for a better season but it really was just a hope.....I had no realistic thoughts they would be world beaters.

I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed. He's not resigning......the team is a work in progress and if you really expected great things this year you're the one with the problem. Not the team. We're coming off 2 seasons with the worst defense in the history of football....ever. Let that sink in a minute.....the worst EVER. You don't fix that in a year or even 2 years let alone the fact half your defensive starters are injured.

I think you and probably half this board need to take a breath and realize you're probably not really that surprised by this seasons team. I hoped for a better season but it really was just a hope.....I had no realistic thoughts they would be world beaters.
Ok what????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think Aron Glenn is doing his job for what he has to work with

You can see it coming, it's in his voice; Payton will resign.
Payton has singlehandedly ruin a good thing, and he will do the city a favor and resign.

His image/reputation is beyond repair and he knows things can't get fixed now. You have to know when to hold them and to fold them. Payton will not finish the season

I can understand where you're coming from - if the world was fairies and unicorns and everyone did things based on what they thought was right and what was good for those around them.

Sean Payton signed a $45 million, five-year contract extension in March. I don't know how the payment is structured but let's presume he's been paid one year at $9 million. If you were in Sean's shoes, would you "do the city a favor" and voluntarily give up $36 million? Just so we're clear: thirty six million dollars.

Not likely.

Fact is changes need to be made. Either Payton overhauls that entire defensive coaching staff or he goes. The way things are now is unacceptable. His defenses have been utter garbage for most of his time here. Enough is enough.

He's made so many changes before and nothing has worked. He & the media can only continue to hype things up for so long. It's his time and he knows it. It happens to the best of us.

He's not going anywhere.

Brees sets up to be here at least through 2017. Payton will want to take one more shot next year at least.

I can understand where you're coming from - if the world was fairies and unicorns and everyone did things based on what they thought was right and what was good for those around them.

Sean Payton signed a $45 million, five-year contract extension in March. I don't know how the payment is structured but let's presume he's been paid one year at $9 million. If you were in Sean's shoes, would you "do the city a favor" and voluntarily give up $36 million? Just so we're clear: thirty six million dollars.

Not likely.

Many times NFL head-coaching contracts have offset clauses. If he goes to another team after next year or something we may recover whatever he makes from another team.

Many times NFL head-coaching contracts have offset clauses. If he goes to another team after next year or something we may recover whatever he makes from another team.

Sure - but he isn't going to just walk. Offset is for when the party is still owed compensation but gets additional compensation from another source.

If Payton just resigns, he isn't owed anything by the Saints. That's why it's a silly proposition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom