I think Sean Payton will resign before the end of the season (edited) (1 Viewer)

I give him till the end of the 2017 season, unless the train really goes of the tracks this season and we go 0-16. I don't see him resigning from the position, just because of the new contract.

As to the comment about overhauling the staff, that just isn't going to happen. He had the chance when he fired Ryan and he didn't. Instead he doubled down on a "yes man" in Dennis allen. i honestly think the bounty gate scandal plays a bigger role in this than most people think. I think it got into his head about other people's actions effecting his own career. It shows by the coaching decisions, and personnel moves.

So that's why he said wil lutz will be kicking long after he's gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did u see that look he shot Drew after that Harris abomination of play.....i wouldn't blame him if he bailed, embarrassing ,just really bad :covri:

I can understand where you're coming from - if the world was fairies and unicorns and everyone did things based on what they thought was right and what was good for those around them.

Sean Payton signed a $45 million, five-year contract extension in March. I don't know how the payment is structured but let's presume he's been paid one year at $9 million. If you were in Sean's shoes, would you "do the city a favor" and voluntarily give up $36 million? Just so we're clear: thirty six million dollars.

Not likely.

Chuck! While I realize that you may often feel like you are wasting your valuable time by bringing such logic into this type of discussion, I really appreciate your trying. :9:

... meanwhile the DC I wanted, his defense has allowed 27 points... in 3 games.

I give him till the end of the 2017 season, unless the train really goes of the tracks this season and we go 0-16. I don't see him resigning from the position, just because of the new contract.

As to the comment about overhauling the staff, that just isn't going to happen. He had the chance when he fired Ryan and he didn't. Instead he doubled down on a "yes man" in Dennis allen. i honestly think the bounty gate scandal plays a bigger role in this than most people think. I think it got into his head about other people's actions effecting his own career. It shows by the coaching decisions, and personnel moves.

Bountygate is still a factor today. Aside from the two lost picks, what really hurt was Payton being unable to interview and hire DC candidates during the hiring season. The best candidates were all gone by the time of his return. He wound up desperately prying Ryan away from St. Louis.

However, that's not to say that an earlier return would have mattered. I suspected when he brought back Allen that Payton was having trouble attracting good defensive coaches. No one wants to lay their reputation and career at the feet of Payton's assistants. Any quality DC would want to bring in their own. Allen's resume is pretty bad, the guy should either be an assistant himself, or out of the league. So, naturally, Allen would want the job. Payton finds a warm body to fill a position no one wants, and Allen gets paid to coach at a level he has no business coaching at.

did u see that look he shot Drew after that Harris abomination of play.....i wouldn't blame him if he bailed, embarrassing ,just really bad :covri:

Your boss hires you and makes the decision to allow you to run his company. You greatly exceed expectations within the first few years and you have developed a reputation as being one of the best in the business.

After many successful years, you notice that you are experiencing a drop off in production and revenue due to some bold (and unexpected) changes that were made.
Your boss is a good guy and has repeatedly given you his vote of confidence, however you notice that your employees morale is going down, in addition to the stakeholders and investors.

You continue to make a few changes and convenience the board of trustees that things will change, but they don't. You're running out of options, and you know that you are still respected as being good at your job.

What would you do?

Your boss hires you and makes the decision to allow you to run his company. You greatly exceed expectations within the first few years and you have developed a reputation as being one of the best in the business.

After many successful years, you notice that you are experiencing a drop off in production and revenue due to some bold (and unexpected) changes that were made.
Your boss is a good guy and has repeatedly given you his vote of confidence, however you notice that your employees morale is going down, in addition to the stakeholders and investors.

You continue to make a few changes and convenience the board of trustees that things will change, but they don't. You're running out of options, and you know that you are still respected as being good at your job.

What would you do?

Take you as consultant for sure.

#sarcasm

He went in to the extension with eyes wide open. This is not a deviation from the plan but *is* the plan.

What would you do?

stick it out, continue the path and become the BADDEST !@# CEO this WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

Make 8 FIGURES IN COMPENSATION AND write a book detailing how i DID IT and sell MILLIONS to you rubes who buy it.

#tiredofwinning.

:mwink:

stick it out, continue the path and become the BADDEST !@# CEO this WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

Make 8 FIGURES IN COMPENSATION AND write a book detailing how i DID IT and sell MILLIONS to you rubes who buy it.

#tiredofwinning.

:mwink:

Lol the modern day Jordan Belford

Sean has no right to be embarrassed, this is his product. He shops for the groceries and cooks the meals, just as his mentor taught him to do. The only difference is Bill got the hell out of town before the collapse, leaving the next man to deal with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom