I think Something is not right with Alvin Kamara . (1 Viewer)

bryantlaw

GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have watch the last few games again to see if I was seeing the whole picture when it comes to our running game and then it hit me. It’s right there Alvin Kamara seem to be save himself he’s running out of bounds when he could get an few more yards he’s not breaking the single man tackles he did before his injury . Sometimes he look bored and not in the game that onside kick was really good but he Pulled an Cam on that one .That’s why Sean moved him .We need the old Kamara but I think his agent is tell him to play it safe maybe we should pay the man now cause we need him to step it up if we going to win the SB. So should we pay him now and get it out the way?

I have watch the last few games again to see if I was seeing the whole picture when it comes to our running game and then it hit me. It’s right there Alvin Kamara seem to be save himself he’s running out of bounds when he could get an few more yards he’s not breaking the single man tackles he did before his injury . Sometimes he look bored and not in the game that onside kick was really good but he Pulled an Cam on that one .That’s why Sean moved him .We need the old Kamara but I think his agent is tell him to play it safe maybe we should pay the man now cause we need him to step it up if we going to win the SB. So should we pay him now and get it out the way?

If his agent is telling him that then he's costing himself money not upping his value. He's still not 100 percent, why does there need to be a different reason? Right before the game they showed him dapping up the whole offense including Brees while smiling. There's nothing "wrong" with him outside of health.

i saw brees fussing at him a couple of times during the game

I truly believe that high ankle sprain or knee injury isn't 100% and that is why Kamara doesn't look like himself yet. He may even have been told by CSP to not take as many chances if it looks like we are winning the game. It's even possible that Alvin is being used more as a decoy right now in order to allow him to heal further. That would explain the running out of bounds and play hesitations we have seen. It would also explain his demeanor, disliking (disappointed) that he is being limited on the field. I'm expecting (at least hoping) that he will get the word to go for it with the 9ers if this extra rest period brings him closer to 100%. Then we will see Alvin acting like Alvin again! This is jmho and I could be wrong, but it explains a lot in my mind.

I think we need to stop thinking about what could possibly be going on in Kamara's head and just be glad he's on our team.

Dude's coming back from two different injuries and is either protecting himself from injuring himself further or doesn't trust his body fully yet. All this talk about it being between his ears is idle fan speculation and nonsense. Pre-game he's smiling and laughing it up with his teammates. He had a thirty something yard run to set up our game winner against Carolina and smiled wide as could be with his diamond grill. Just like Murray, he's missing Line's blocking and clearing the way for him to make big plays, so he's getting hit more often and faster than he is used to. That, in and of itself, will take a toll on any player.

He and the Saints will be fine.

While I agree that he hasn't quite looked the same, I would say that running out of bounds a little early is not new. And I'm totally fine with it. If you get the first down, do not risk an injury or a fumble trying to gain 1 or 2 more yards. I actually think he looked fine in the last game; he broke a few tackles and looked more bursty IMO. Opposing defenses are keying in on him (the play where Taysom scored, two guys followed him in motion, which in my opinion allowed for the TD), with little other threats.

With Alvin being less than 100% we need to run Murray and take a bit of pressure off of Alvin until he is fully healed, the way he plays requires that he is 100%. I still am a bit baffled as to why we limit Murray so much as he has shown he can be a weapon in the run game. Last year we had long 9 to 10 minute drives because we ran so much I think we would be way more effective going back to a power run game and also having Line back would help greatly.

With Alvin being less than 100% we need to run Murray and take a bit of pressure off of Alvin until he is fully healed, the way he plays requires that he is 100%. I still am a bit baffled as to why we limit Murray so much as he has shown he can be a weapon in the run game. Last year we had long 9 to 10 minute drives because we ran so much I think we would be way more effective going back to a power run game and also having Line back would help greatly.

I think this Sunday is Murray's party and the 9er's are invited. Run Fest 2019. Special Guest: Taysom Hill. - This is my fantasy.

Pretty simple. He was his same old self before the injury. He is not 100 percent but he is still effective. give him some time to heal fully. Hopefully before the playoffs.

I don't think that there is anyone on this forum that would say that Kamara looks the same. Everyone agrees that he is not playing his best football right now. The reason has been highly debated on numerous threads thus far. Is it injury? Is it depression? Is it lack of heart? Is it because he's been told to play differently by coaching, his agent, his family, etc? All have been used to explain what we are seeing with our eyes and the truth is that WE DON'T KNOW.

What I do know is that we will not extend Kamara midseason, and nor should we. So to answer that question by the OP...no.

Kamara has a combination of a high ankle sprain and a knee sprain. He first had the high ankle sprain, he looked pretty good in warm-ups against the Jaguars and as the game went on the ankle began to bother him and he acquired a knee sprain as well. In hindsight...putting him out there against the Jaguars was a big mistake. Compensatory injuries are very common when you start bracing parts of the body or having the player play through injury. Kamara had a high ankle sprain which is typically about a 4-6 week injury. We are now post-6 weeks and he still doesn't look the same. He's not cutting with authority and is really picking his spots to demonstrate leg drive at all. You'll notice that he does demonstrate some leg drive when he is not initiating contact (with big holes to run through), but in tight quarters or once contact is initiated...game over, the leg drive ends. That tells me that he is tentative about either his knee or his ankle. How much of this is physical and how much is mental? This is an excellent discussion because it is very recognized in the sports med literature that players can have lingering effects of an injury after an injury is healed (not saying that it is in Kamara's case). Some players, especially young players that don't have an extensive injury history, have kinesiophobia (fear of particular movements) after an injury and some simply get depressed. Sports psychology is very underrated. You have players who have been great their entire lives, they sustain the first real injury they have had and they are no longer able to do what they do, and they get depressed/frustrated. Sprinkle in INCREDIBLE expectations by fans/an organization/yourself, and maybe add a bit of frustration because your best buddy is having a great time on another team, and viola...you have all of the ingredients for post-injury depression.

Kamara is the best player on our team. How do I know? I did a poll early in the year on this forum and Kamara won in a landslide. He's young and he's talented...and we need to be patient with him and wish him well.

I truly believe that high ankle sprain or knee injury isn't 100% and that is why Kamara doesn't look like himself yet. He may even have been told by CSP to not take as many chances if it looks like we are winning the game. It's even possible that Alvin is being used more as a decoy right now in order to allow him to heal further. That would explain the running out of bounds and play hesitations we have seen. It would also explain his demeanor, disliking (disappointed) that he is being limited on the field. I'm expecting (at least hoping) that he will get the word to go for it with the 9ers if this extra rest period brings him closer to 100%. Then we will see Alvin acting like Alvin again! This is jmho and I could be wrong, but it explains a lot in my mind.
if thats the case why isnt Murray getting 20 carries? he was bashing teams when kamara was out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom